Detailed terms of the ‘Space +’ service provision
1. Space+ paid service provision allows passengers to choose an Enhanced Comfort seat in the Economy Class cabin at check-in (subject to seat availability). The service ensures more spacing between the rows, and offers reclining backrests. This service is provided at a fixed fee, and a document confirming service payment (Miscellaneous Charges Order) is issued to the passenger.
2. Space+ paid service is offered on regular direct and connecting flights operated by PJSC “Aeroflot”, including code-share flights operated by PJSC “Aeroflot”, and on PJSC “Aeroflot” flights operated by subsidiary Rossiya Airlines and Aurora Airlines. Space+ paid service provision is available at airports of the Russian Federation and abroad.
Space+ service is available on:
- Short haul flights;
- Medium haul flights;
- Long haul flights.
3. Taking into account the technical characteristics of each aircraft model, the number of Enhanced Comfort seats and their location on board may vary. Please see our Space+ seating configuration here.
4. Due to the fact that most Enhanced Comfort seats are situated in emergency exit aisles, the following categories of passengers may not be placed in an emergency exit row (except for the central block of seats on wide-body aircraft):
- children from 2 to 12 years old and/or infants (under 2 years), regardless of accompanying persons;
- unaccompanied minors, regardless of age;
- pregnant women;
- passengers, whose size* or mental and/or physical condition do not allow them to quickly understand instructions issued by the crew and/or carry out the necessary actions in the event of an emergency evacuation;
- passengers who have been accepted for carriage under the control of law enforcement officers, and/or deported/inadmissible passengers;
- passengers carrying pets in the aircraft cabin.
The following passengers are not allowed to be seated directly near the emergency exits:
- persons under 18 years old;
- passengers who do not speak Russian or English.
The decision on whether to provide the Space+ service shall be taken by the airline employee following a personal request from the passenger, considering the above restrictions.
(*) the large size criterion will be the need to use an extended seat belt.
5. To purchase Space+ service, passengers must notify a dispatcher at the check-in desk.
6. Payments can be made at the Excess Baggage cash desk, at PJSC “Aeroflot” desks (subsidiary airlines listed in paragraph 2 of these Terms and Conditions), or at desks of ground handling agents in airports of the Russian Federation and abroad in accordance with the list of routes specified in paragraph 2.
The fees for Space+ Service are as follows:
- on short duration flights (up to 3 hours of flight) the cost of the service is 1000 RUB/1000 RUB for transportation within the Russian Federation or 1300 RUB/1300 RUB for transportation from points within the Russian Federation to points abroad, 20 EUR/20 EUR for transportation from points abroad.
- on medium duration flights (from 3 to 6 hours) the cost of the service is 1,600 RUB/1,600 RUB for transportation entirely within the Russian Federation or 2,500 RUB/2,500 RUB for transportation from the Russian Federation to another country, 40 EUR / 40 EUR for transportation from abroad. Exception: the cost of the service for the route Moscow-London is 3,500 RUB/ 3,500 RUB , London-Moscow - 55 EUR/55 EUR; Moscow-Dubai - 4,500 RUB/4,500 RUB, Dubai-Moscow - 75 EUR/75 EUR.
- on long duration flights (over 6 hours of flight) the cost of the service is 3200 RUB /3200 RUB for transportation within the Russian Federation or RUB 4500/4500 RUB for transportation from points within the Russian Federation to points abroad, 75 EUR/75 EUR for transportation from points abroad. Exception: the cost of service on routes from points within the U.S. to Moscow is 80 USD/80 USD.
A 50% discount is available to all Aeroflot Bonus Silver level members.
Payments can be made in cash or with a bank payment card.
Passengers may be charged an additional fee at the airport by a handling agent if it provides the service.
7. When the passenger has returned from the Excess Baggage cash desk, the PJSC “Aeroflot” desk (subsidiary airlines listed in paragraph 2 of these Terms and Conditions), or the desks of ground handling agents in airports of the Russian Federation and abroad, he/she will be served out of turn at the check-in desk upon presentation of a Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO) that was issued at the cash desk after payment. In this case, the MCO is not taken and remains with the passenger.
8. The service is provided free of charge:
- to Aeroflot Bonus Platinum level members with the possibility of pre-booking through a personal assistant or at airport check-in;
- to Aeroflot Bonus Gold level members at airport check-in;
- to passengers who have purchased a ticket for the Comfort Class fare and are in the check-in process at the airport for their subsequent connecting transfer flight in Economy Class.
With the exception of passengers listed in paragraph 4
9. Involuntary refund for Space+ Service can be executed if the passenger cancels his/her flight, as stipulated in PJSC “Aeroflot” Rules and Art. 227 of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), if the carrier unilaterally terminates the contract of carriage in accordance with Art. 230 of FAR, or if it is impossible to provide the service for the following reasons:
- in the case of sudden change of aircraft model, and the impossibility of providing Space+ Service;
- in the case of sudden cancellation of the given flight, and the impossibility of providing Space+ Service;
- in the case of the passenger being assigned another seat during the flight (not included in Space+ seating arrangement) in order to ensure aviation safety.
10. In the above cases, the airline employee during boarding or the flight attendant on board the aircraft (depending on the time the passenger applies for a service non-availability mark) shall make a corresponding mark on the passenger’s MCO. To obtain a refund for Space+ service, passengers may contact the nearest Aeroflot sales office in Moscow or a branch/representative office of PJSC “Aeroflot” in the Russian Federation or abroad, having presented the original MCO duly marked by the airline employee or the flight attendant.
11. When applying for an involuntary refund (paragraphs 9-10), passengers must complete a Refund Application Form for Space+ Service, and attach a copy of the MCO marked with a note on necessity for refund.
12. The money shall be refunded in full to the passenger within one year from the MCO issue date. The funds shall be refunded in any Aeroflot sales office or representative office in the Russian Federation or abroad two weeks after application of the passenger, and after the original MCO has been duly checked.
13. If the money cannot be refunded to the passenger in the payment currency, it shall be refunded in the same form of payment indicated on the MCO coupon (cash, credit card,etc.), by converting the amount in rubles or euro into the currency of the country where the refund is being made. The conversion shall be executed according to the systemic exchange rate on the day the Miscellaneous Charges Order was issued.
14. If the passenger did not use paid service due to voluntary refusal of carriage (cases not covered by paragraph 9), the airline dispatcher at boarding or the flight attendant on board the aircraft (depending on the time the passenger files the claim) shall make a corresponding mark on the passenger’s MCO. The money shall be refunded to the passenger in full only at the place where the service was issued, during the execution of the Refund Application Form for Space+ service and presentation of the original MCO within the validity of the Miscellaneous Charges Order (one year from the issue date).
15. Aeroflot reserves the right to change the rules for Space+ service at any time and without prior notice.
16. The service is not available if passengers use the following:
- online check-in;
- self-service check-in kiosks;
- check-in via mobile phone.