In commemoration of the 62-th anniversary of victory in the Great Patriotic War the "Aeroflot - Russian Airlines" has announced beginning of traditional campaign named "To the Places of Military Valor" to be held from May 6 through May 22 this year.
This is the seventh time of the Aeroflot's annual offering to thousands of veterans - Veterans of the Great Patriotic War, Leningrad's Blockade Survivors, former fascism prisoners, disabled soldiers of the Great Patriotic War - to enjoy charge free opportunities to travel with regular Aeroflot flights to any destination in Russia and from any departure point in Russia to destinations in Europe (Bulgaria, Hungary, Germany, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Croatia, Austria, Czechia), and from departure points in CIS/Baltic countries to destinations in Russia. However, code-sharing flights being made by Aeroflot in cooperation with other carriers are excluded.
In 2007 this offer will cover all the veterans (participants) and disabled soldiers of the Great Patriotic War, Leningrad's blockade survivors, minor prisoners of concentration camps, ghettos and other forced confinement locations established by fascists and their allies during the Second World War - citizens of Russian Federation having their permanent residence in Russian Federation (having residence/registration in Russian Federation). The offer will also cover the veterans and disabled soldiers (participants) of the Great Patriotic War living in CIS countries and Baltic Republics of former USSR (hereinafter referred to as the Baltic countries), and/or those being citizens of corresponding countries.
All trips within the frameworks of the above campaign should be accomplished within the period from May 6 through May 22, 2007. All the trips should be booked between April 23 and May 22, 2007 (inclusively). Air tickets issued under conditions of the said campaign will be valid within one month.
Traditional May campaign held by Aeroflot in commemoration of the Victory Day is a homage to the deed of our people in the Great Patriotic War.
In 2006 more than three thousand veterans - former front-line soldiers, fascism prisoners and Leningrad blockade survivors (five and a half thousand in 2005) have enjoyed the opportunity provided by Aeroflot to travel charge free to various destinations in Russian Federation and Western European, CIS and Baltic countries, wherever Aeroflot airplanes fly.
During the last six years within the frameworks of the Victory Day commemoration campaigns more than 23 thousand people became able to enjoy charge free tickets granted by Aeroflot. The Company keeps receiving numerous thanks from veterans committees and other public organizations and in turn the company would like to thank citizens, governmental and public organizations and all those who support this good will undertaking.
1. Veterans, disabled soldiers, Leningrad blockade survivors, former minor prisoners of fascism being citizens of Russian Federation/CIS/Baltic countries and/or having permanent residence/registration in one of the afore mentioned countries are entitled for one economic class ticket, those veterans and disabled soldiers of the Great Patriotic War, holders of Hero of Soviet Union star or full set of the Glory Sign holders are entitled to one ticket in business class, however they should pay all taxes and duties incurred in connection with aviation trips in accordance with current regulations (airport and other applicable taxes and duties) except fuel surcharge. The intended trip may presume one way journey (inside of Russian Federation) or roundtrip ticketing, including transit flights through Moscow as of the following routes:
- location in Russia - Moscow, or Moscow - location in Russia;
- location in Russia - Moscow - location in Russia, or Moscow - location in Russia - Moscow;
- location in Russia - Moscow - location in Russia - Moscow - location in Russia;
- Moscow - location in Europe - Moscow;
- location in Russia - Moscow - location in Europe - Moscow - location in Russia;
- Moscow - location in Europe - ground trip - location in Europe - Moscow;
- location in Russia - Moscow - location in Europe - ground trip - location in Europe - Moscow - location in Russia;
- location in CIS/Baltic countries – Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries;
- Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries - Moscow;
- location in CIS/Baltic countries - Moscow - location in Russia - Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries;
- location in CIS/Baltic countries - Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries - Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries;
- location in CIS/Baltic countries – Moscow - location in Europe – Moscow - location in CIS/Baltic countries.
For Heroes of Soviet Union and full set of the Glory Sign Holders business class services are only available on the routes specified in subsections a and b, section 1.
In addition to the valid passport following documents should be presented to confirm the right for the charge free or privilege ticket for Aeroflot flights: "The Great Patriotic War Veteran" certificate in accordance with the form adopted by Decree of the Government No. 1122 dated 05.10.1999, all other currently existing certificates confirming the category of those persons who are treated as the Great Patriotic War veterans and disables soldiers or former minor prisoners of fascism as of the Presidential decree No. 1235 dated 16.10.1992. Photocopies of certificates of the Great Patriotic War veterans and disabled soldiers, as well as certificates of former minor prisoners of fascism and Holders of Soviet Union Hero stars and Glory Signs (for business class booking) will be developed by relevant Aeroflot department.
Aviation tickets for the Great Patriotic War veterans and disabled soldiers, Leningrad blockade survivors, former minor fascism prisoners may be issued at:
Ul Kuznetskiy Most, 3; Ul. Pyatnitskaya 37/19; Ul. Yeniseyskaya 19 solely in Aeroflot's representative offices located in Russian Federation cities, CIS/Baltic countries, European countries listed in section 2 hereinbefore.
When check-in those persons entitled to participate this campaign in addition to their passports and tickets should submit their certificates of the Great Patriotic War veterans and disabled soldiers, as well as certificates of former minor prisoners of fascism, Leningrad blockade survivors, and Holders of Soviet Union Hero stars and Glory Signs should additionally submit corresponding military decorations certificates.
2. Transportation regulations for the persons accompanying Great Patriotic War veterans and disabled soldiers, former minor prisoners of fascism, Leningrad blockade survivors
If necessary the Great Patriotic War veterans and disabled soldiers, former minor prisoners of fascism, Leningrad blockade survivors (escorted person) may be accompanied by one escorting person.
The escorting person departing together with the Great Patriotic War disables soldier of 1 and 2 category being a citizen of Russian Federation, CIS/Baltic countries is entitled for 25% discount to any applicable economic class ticket fare (except for "sale" type fares). Escorting person departing together with other categories of escorted persons are entitled for 10% discount to any applicable economic class fare (except "sale" type fares).
Accompanying person' ticket should be purchased together with the privileged ticket in the same sales office. Accompanying person' ticket will be issued exclusively upon issuing of the escorted person' ticket confirmed for the entire trip route. In case escorting person is missing for check-in for corresponding flight such a person will not be allowed to the flight.
Additional information regarding the campaign is available 24 hours a day on (495) 223-55-55 and in Aeroflot' sales centers and representative offices.
Joint Stock Company "Aeroflot - Russian Airlines" (AFLT) is recognized leader on Russian civil aviation marketplace, in fact the company is a national carrier. Being the biggest aviation company in the country Aeroflot annually serves 7 million passengers, same figure being taken together with Aeroflot subsidiaries comes to 9 million passengers a year, i.e. 23% from total number of Russian air passengers. Having a fleet of 90 air vehicles the company makes flights to 93 destinations in 47 countries worldwide (302 flights a day). The company controls 51% of Russian international flights and approximately 12% of internal flights. Net profit of the company in 2006 was 7.3 billion Rubles.
Aeroflot is one of the oldest aviation companies in the world and one of the most famous brands on the globe. Established in 1923 the company is now being based in Moscow in Sheremetyevo international airport. In 2006 Aeroflot became first Russian aviation company to join global SkyTeam alliance. Integrated flight network of the alliance combines 728 destinations in 149 countries around the world. This ensures ultimately unlimited traveling opportunities for all Aeroflot' passengers. Aeroflot' clients may enjoy all frequent flyer and bonus programs of the alliance partners. More information is available on www.skyteam.com.
Aeroflot is the one and only IOSA safety standard certified aviation operator in Russia. On-line booking may be accomplished and paid on www.aeroflot.ru.