Given the real threat of unauthorised interference in the operations of Russian airlines, and in accordance with the decision of the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, the emergency response centre responsible for the temporary suspension of flights between Russia and Egypt on 6 November ruled that, until further notice:
• As of 8pm Moscow time on 6 November 2015, all Russian airlines and civil aviation operators shall halt all regular, transit and charter passenger flights to destinations in Egypt;
• The Federal Air Transport Agency (Rosaviatsia) has informed all passengers planning to fly tonight or in the next few days from cities in Russia to cities in Egypt not to travel to the airport. Flights to Cairo, Sharm-el-Sheikh and Hurgada will not operate;
• To bring passengers home from airports in Egypt, Russian airlines will operate both regular and non-scheduled flights. Information regarding flight status – time, date and airline – will be communicated to passengers currently in Egypt using all means possible;
• Passengers will be transported from airports in Egypt on separate flights from their luggage. Passengers must take this into account when checking in at the airport;
• Passengers will be allowed to bring on board only their most necessary personal effects, including baby food and first aid supplies, in hand luggage only;
• We ask passengers for their understanding regarding these baggage transportation requirements;
• Special information stands will be set up at the airports of Cairo, Sharm-el-Sheikh and Hurgada, and representatives of Russian airlines and tour operators will be available to ensure that passengers are kept informed of all future actions.