Moscow, 24 April 2015. — Aeroflot (Moscow Exchange ticker: AFLT) announces the results of a meeting of the Company’s Board of Directors that took place yesterday, chaired by Kirill Androsov.
The agenda included a number of items for consideration at Aeroflot’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) on 22 June. The Board of Directors resolved as follows:
- To approve and recommend to the AGM for approval the Annual Report of JSC Aeroflot for 2014. Aeroflot confirmed its undisputed leadership of the Russian market and its status as one of Europe’s leading airlines. Aeroflot Group holds a 37.3% share of the Russian market by passenger numbers and RPKs (excluding foreign airlines). 2014 saw new passenger number records: Aeroflot carried more than 23.6 million passengers, while the Group as a whole carried more than 34.7 million. According to Airline Business, Aeroflot ranked among Europe’s top-five carriers by RPK and RPK growth (up 11.4% on 2013) for the third year running. The number of regular destinations was increased, principally on domestic and medium-haul routes.
- To approve and recommend to the AGM for approval the annual financial statements, including the profit and loss statement, of JSC Aeroflot for 2014. Aeroflot recorded a profit to RAS of RUB 13,149 mln, up RUB 2,052 mln or 18.5% y-o-y.
The recommendations of the auditors of JSC Aeroflot (under RAS and IFRS), the Company’s Revision Committee and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors for 2014 were considered. The financial statements for 2014 were approved.
It was resolved to recommend that the AGM approve JSC BDO Unikon as the Company’s external auditor for 2015.
The meeting also considered the following issues:
Aeroflot Group’s consolidated budget. Updated versions of the following were ratified:
• JSC Aeroflot’s budget for 2015 to IFRS;
• Aeroflot Group’s consolidated budget for 2015 to IFRS;
• Aeroflot Group’s operational plan for 2015.
Fleet of aircraft. The Board discussed expanding the fleet of Pobeda, the Group’s low-cost carrier, and resolved to recommend for AGM approval the transfer of 13 Boeing 737-800s to the subsidiary on long-term sublease.
Aeroflot Press Service
+7 (495) 752-90-71
+7 (499) 500-73-87
+7 (495) 753-86-39
+7 (919) 102 9064
+44 7927 186 645
+1 646 629 5502
Aeroflot is Russia’s flagship carrier and one of the largest airline groups in Europe. In 2014, Aeroflot carried 23.6 million passengers (34.7 million passengers as Aeroflot Group including subsidiaries), a record for any Russian airline. A proud member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance, Aeroflot and its partners serve 1,052 destinations in 177 countries worldwide. Aeroflot operates the youngest fleet in the World (among the major airlines), numbering 156 Airbus, Boeing and Sukhoi airliners. Aeroflot is among the global leaders in aviation safety. The company’s European Community Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft (SAFA) Index, which is the main globally recognized safety parameter, is comparable to global peers. The first Russian carrier to enter the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) register, renewing its registration for the fifth time in 2013, Aeroflot has successfully passed the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and is fully ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 compliant. In 2014 Aeroflot was named by SKYTRAX as the Best Airline in Eastern Europe for the third time. Find more at www.aeroflot.com.