Preselect Seats service
Terms and Conditions of the Preselect Seats service
1.1 The Preselect Seats additional service involves granting Economy class passengers the right to select their preferred seats in the cabin, provided such seats are available.
1.2 The service is available on the regular flights operated by Aeroflot PJSC.
1.3 The service is not available on jointly operated flights where Aeroflot PJSC acts as the marketing airline (SU3000-4999 flights).
1.4 Passengers have the right to select seats of the following categories: regular Economy seats or enhanced comfort Economy seats with extra legroom (Space+ category seats).
1.5 Aeroflot PJSC reserves the right to limit the availability of the service depending on technical capability tied to the aircraft type and route.
1.6 The service can be ordered by passengers who have a confirmed booking or Economy class air ticket with a confirmed booking that has been paid for.
1.7 The service is not available to:
- passengers who have tickets with an unconfirmed booking;
- passengers requiring stretcher carriage and their accompanying persons;
- passengers who are being deported or escorted;
- passengers travelling under a group booking.
2. Issue, payment, and procedure for service provision
2.1 The Service may be purchased through the airline's sales offices, sales offices of Aeroflot's branches, Aeroflot's Contact Centre, www.aeroflot.ru website, and the mobile app.
2.2 The service for selection of Space+ seats is available on a paid basis, except for Aeroflot Bonus loyalty programme members (Platinum level); such passengers are provided with the service free of charge. Aeroflot Bonus loyalty programme members (Gold and Silver level) are provided with the service at a discount.
2.3 The service for selection of regular seats is offered at no extra charge to:
- Aeroflot Bonus loyalty programme members (Platinum, Gold, and Silver level);
- SkyTeam alliance loyalty programme members (Elite Plus and Elite tiers);
- passengers who have tickets of the Flex and Classic brands;
- children travelling unsupervised, when selecting window seats (in accordance with Aeroflot's rules, children travelling unsupervised shall be assigned window seats), except for Space+ seats;
- passengers who purchased an additional seat for personal comfort (except for Space+ and front row Economy seats);
- passengers who purchased an additional seat for their baggage, when selecting window seats (in accordance with Aeroflot's rules, such baggage is to be carried on window seats), except for Space+ and front row Economy seats.
2.4 The service shall be offered at an additional fee in all cases not specified in sections 2.2 and 2.3.
2.5 Payment for the service is charged per flight segment.
2.6 The service shall be issued no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure or beginning of the self check-in period.
2.7 The cost of the service depends on the destination, category of the selected seat (regular or Space+), location of the selected seat in the cabin (front row or middle), and location of the seat within the row (window side, aisle side, or middle). The service shall be paid for in the currency of the country where the payment is being made, at the exchange rate active in the booking system on the date of payment.
2.8 The service shall be paid for using a bank card, online payment agents (QIWI Wallet, Yandex.Money, WebMoney etc.), Apple Pay, or a virtual gift certificate.
2.9 The service shall not be paid for using Aeroflot Bonus miles.
2.10 Issue of the service shall result in addition of the selected seat's number to the passenger's booking and issue of a service EMD. After paying for the service, the passenger shall be issued an EMD receipt; if the payment has been made through the website or Contact Centre, the receipt shall be sent to the e-mail address specified while booking.
2.11 The service shall be considered rendered upon the fact of carriage of the passenger in the booked seat, after the service has been paid for and the EMD has been issued.
2.12 The passenger shall be checked into the seat that has been reserved for him/her. Aeroflot reserves the right to change the preselected seat in extraordinary circumstances, in order to comply with the flight security rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
2.13 In the event of schedule change, aircraft type change, aircraft change where the replacement aircraft has a different Economy class cabin section configuration, in order to retain the service ordered by the passenger, Aeroflot shall automatically reassign the preselected seat; the resulting seat number is not guaranteed to match. However, Aeroflot PJSC shall take measures to assign adjacent seats to passengers within a single booking.
3. Changing the service, refunds
3.1 The passenger can not change the preselected seat after the service has been paid for. To change a preselected seat, a refund is effected, and the service is reordered.
3.2 The cost of the service shall be refunded in full in the following cases:
- voluntary cancellation of carriage by the passenger;
- change of carriage details by the passenger (alteration of route, carriage dates etc.) - the service shall not be reissued in these events;
- premium upgrade paid for with Aeroflot Bonus miles;
- cancellation of the service at the passenger's discretion before the flight's departure;
- purchase of an additional enhanced comfort service - extra leg space seat (Space+), or an upgrade additional service, while booking.
3.3 Compulsory refund of payment for the service shall be carried out in the following events:
- Enforced cancellation of carriage by the passenger in those cases covered by the rules of Aeroflot PJSC and Article 227 of the Federal Aviation Regulations “General regulations on air carriage of passengers, baggage and cargoes and requirements on the service provided to passengers, consignors and consignees” enacted by Order No. 82 issued by the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on June 28, 2007 (hereinafter referred to as FAR);
- cancellation of the passenger carriage agreement at the carrier's discretion in accordance with Article 230 of FAR;
- changes to the service or cancellation of the preselected seat by Aeroflot in the following events:
— aircraft change where the replacement aircraft has a different Economy class cabin section configuration, or reassignment of the passenger to a different flight after a flight cancellation or missed connection for a flight where the service has been ordered;
— reassignment of the passenger to a different Economy class seat in order to comply with the flight security rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
3.4 The refund shall be made in the same manner as the payment method used to purchase the service initially.
3.5 Refund of payment for the service shall be made at the location where the service was purchased.
3.6 In the event of a compulsory refund of payment for the service, the passenger may apply to the nearest Aeroflot sales office, Aeroflot branch, or Aeroflot's Contact Centre (if the service has been issued through the website).