Preselect Seats service
Terms and Conditions of the Preselect Seats service
1. General Provisions
1.1 The provision of the Preselect Seats service (hereinafter referred to as the Service) means the provision of an Economy class passenger the right to select preferred seats in the aircraft cabin (provided such seats are available).
1.2 The service is provided on the regular flights of PJSC “Aeroflot”.
1.3 The service is not available on jointly operated flights, where PJSC “Aeroflot” acts as marketing airline company (flight numbers from SU3000 to SU4999), and flights operated by Aeroflot member airlines: JSC Rossiya Airlines and JSC Aurora Airlines (flight numbers from SU5000 to SU6999).
1.4 The passenger is entitled to select seats of the following categories: regular Economy seats or enhanced comfort seats with extra legroom (Space+ category) in Economy cabin.
PJSC “Aeroflot” blocks certain seats for advance selection in order to comply with flight safety requirements or for operational reasons. In particular, the following seats are not available for advance selection:
- eats located in the aisles to emergency exits, including seats of Space+ category*;
- seats on the first row of the cabin, located in front of the rigid bulkhead on which the cradles for babies are installed;
- seats with limited backrest tilt;
- seats in the last rows of the passenger cabin.
Numbers of seats inaccessible for advance selection may differ for airplanes of the same type with different layouts of the Economy class or for different types of aircraft.
* for Platinum members of Aeroflot Bonus program, the service may be provided through the personal assistant.
1.5 PJSC “Aeroflot” reserves the right to limit the Service depending on technical capability of an aircraft type and a route.
Currently, the Service is available at national flights, which are operated by the Sukhoi Superjet 100-95B, Airbus 320, Airbus 321, Boeing V737 aircraft.
Exceptions: the Service is not available on flights between such cities as Moscow (from/to Sheremetyevo Airport) and Simferopol, Kaliningrad, Krasnoyarsk, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Magadan.
1.6 The Service can be ordered by passengers having confirmed booking or paid Economy class air ticket with confirmed booking.
1.7 The service is not available to:
- passengers having tickets with non-confirmed booking;
- passengers on stretcher carriage (SSR STCR) and their accompanying persons;
- deported or escorted passengers;
- groups of passengers.
2. Issue, payment, and procedure for service provision
2.1 The Service may be purchased in airline's sales offices, sales offices of Aeroflot branches, Contact Center of PJSC “Aeroflot”, at www.aeroflot.ru or mobile app.
2.2 The service for selection of Space+ seats is available on a paid basis, except for Platinum members of Aeroflot Bonus program, as such service is provided them free of charge. Golden* members of Aeroflot Bonus program are provided with the Service at the 75% discount and Silver members at the 50% discount.
* the Service is provided free of charge for Golden members of Aeroflot Bonus program when checking-in at the airport, subject to availability of enhanced comfort seats.
2.3 The service for selection of regular seats is offered at no extra charge to:
- Platinum, Golden and Silver members of Aeroflot Bonus program;
- Elite Plus, Elite members of SkyTeam loyalty program;
- passengers having tickets of FLEX and CLASSIC tariff brands;
- children travelling unsupervised, when selecting window seats (in accordance with PJSC “Aeroflot” regulations, unsupervised children shall be assigned window seats);
- passengers purchased an additional seat for personal comfort (except for front row Economy seats);
- passengers purchased an additional passenger seat for their baggage, when selecting window seats (in accordance with the rules of PJSC “Aeroflot”, such baggage shall be carried on window seats), except for front row Economy seats.
2.4 The Service shall be provided at an extra charge in all cases not specified in clauses 2.2 and 2.3.
2.5 Payment for the Service is charged per flight segment.
2.6 The Service shall be executed no later than 24 hours prior to scheduled departure or start of self check-in period.
2.7 The cost of the Service depends on the destination, category of the selected seat (regular or Space+), location of the selected seat in the cabin - in the front row or middle, and location of the seat within the row (neat the window, in the aisle side or in the middle). The Service shall be paid for in the currency of the country where the payment is being made, at the exchange rate active in the booking system as of the date of payment.
2.8 The service shall be paid for using a bank card, INTERNET payment agents (QIWI Wallet, Yandex.Money, WebMoney etc.), Apple Pay. Payment can be also made using a virtual gift certificate.
2.9 The Service shall not be paid with Aeroflot Bonus miles.
2.10 The result of service issue is the number of the selected seat in the passenger’s booking and issue of a service EMD. After payment for the service, the passenger shall be provided with an EMD receipt, if the payment has been made through the website or Contact Centre, the receipt shall be sent to the e-mail address specified while booking.
2.11 The Service shall be considered rendered upon the fact of carriage of the passenger in the booked seat, after the service has been paid for and the EMD has been issued.
2.12 The passenger shall be checked-in to the seat that has been reserved for such passenger. In exceptional situations, PJSC “Aeroflot” reserves the right to change the seat in order to comply with the flight safety rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
2.13 In the event of schedule change, aircraft type change, replacing the aircraft with a different layout of the Economy class cabin aircraft, in order to retain the service ordered by the passenger, PJSC “Aeroflot” shall automatically reassign the preselected seat but shall not guarantee the resulting seat number is not guaranteed to match. However, PJSC “Aeroflot” shall take measures to assign adjacent seats to passengers within a single booking.
3. Changing the service, refunds
3.1 The passenger cannot change the preselected seat after the service has been paid for. To change a preselected seat, a refund shall be made and the service shall be reordered.
3.2 The cost of the Service shall be refunded in full in the following cases:
- voluntary cancellation of carriage by the passenger;
- change of carriage details by the passenger (alteration of route, carriage dates etc.) - the Service shall not be reordered in these events;
- premium upgrade of the service class paid for with Aeroflot Bonus miles;
- cancellation of the service at the passenger's discretion before the departure;
- purchase of an additional enhanced comfort service – a seat with extra leg space (Space+), or an upgrade additional service, while booking.
3.3 Compulsory refund of payment for the service shall be carried out in each of the following events:
- enforced cancellation of carriage by the passenger in those cases covered by the rules of PJSC “Aeroflot” and Article 227 of the Federal Aviation Regulations “General regulations on air carriage of passengers, baggage and cargoes and requirements on the service provided to passengers, consignors and consignees” enacted by Order No. 82 of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation dated June 28, 2007 (hereinafter referred to as the FAR);
- cancellation of the passenger carriage agreement at the carrier’s discretion in accordance with Article 230 of the FAR;
- changes to the service or cancellation of the preselected seat by PJSC “Aeroflot” in the following events:
— change of aircraft where the replacement aircraft has a different Economy class cabin section configuration, or reassignment of the passenger to a different flight after a flight cancellation or missed connection for a flight where the service has been ordered;
— reassignment of the passenger to a different Economy class seat in order to comply with the flight security rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
3.4 The refund shall be made in the same manner as the payment method used to purchase the service initially.
3.5 Refund of payment paid for the service shall be made at the location where the service was purchased.
3.6 In the event of a compulsory refund of payment for the service in cases provided for in clause 3.3, the passenger may apply to the nearest sales office of PJSC “Aeroflot”, or Contact Centre of PJSC “Aeroflot” (if the service has been issued through the website). When the passenger applies for the forced refund, if such passenger was reseated, a boarding pass shall be presented.