Continued focus on worldwide customers in 15th Anniversary Year
ORLANDO, July 27th 2015 – SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, is investing in more ways to ensure that travel throughout its 1,057 destinations is as seamless as possible for the 602 million passengers that fly on its airlines each year.
The airline alliance is celebrating 15 years since it was founded in New York City in 2000. Launched by four founding members - AeroMéxico, Air France, Delta Air Lines and Korean Air – today SkyTeam comprises 20 leading global airlines offering a comprehensive series of customer-focused programs around its worldwide network.
In 15 years of our operations, we have grown and deepened cooperation between our members, covering over 90% of the most important traffic flows globally. Last year, more than 26 million passengers used at least two or more SkyTeam carriers to complete their journeys,” said Mauro Oretti, SkyTeam’s Vice President Marketing and Commercial Synergies. “Our focus remains on the customer, from seamless airport experience and transfers to integrated frequent flyer benefits; we are more focused than ever on delivering services that meet the expectations of our corporate travellers.”
SkyTeam’s numerous customer-focused initiatives include:
- SkyPriority - an alliance-wide standard of priority airport services for Elite Plus, First and Business Class passengers, which is available at more than 1,000 destinations
- Rollout of dedicated fast-track security and immigration clearance for top-tier customers throughout 60 global airports.
- SkyTransfer aims to deliver seamless and efficient transfers for passengers and their baggage between member airlines.
- SkyTeam Exclusive Lounges - available in Sydney, London Heathrow and Istanbul, with Hong Kong due to open later this year and Dubai and Beijing scheduled for 2016.
- Yoga on the Go – exclusive to SkyTeam and developed to help customers stay fit and healthy on their travels, whether on the ground or at 30,000 feet.
- Multi-carrier award booking tools - available online or via the carrier’s mobile app, this service eliminates the need to call a reservations agent and places more control of the interline redemption process in the hands of the FFP member. Currently over 50% of SkyTeam’s members have implemented the new process and customers are now able use their miles to book any flight operated by these airlines.
- An updated SkyTeam App now offers even more useful features for global travelers on the go. It now has more useful content to aid customers during their travels, with tools such as Lounge, Flight, Airport and SkyPriority finders, enhancing passenger experience.
For more information about the SkyTeam airport experience, click here.