AMSTERDAM, 23rd March 2015 – SkyTeam, the global airline alliance, has been announced ‘Airline Alliance of the Year’ in the 2015 Air Transport News awards. The award comes in SkyTeam’s 15th anniversary year, as the alliance continues its rollout of customer-focused initiatives across its global network.
The annual Air Transport News Awards recognise achievement across a broad cross section of the aviation industry. Finalists for each category are voted for by readers of Air Transport News, with winners decided by a seven-strong panel of industry experts.
Accepting the award at the Air Transport News awards dinner held in Geneva, Switzerland, Michael Wisbrun, SkyTeam’s Chief Executive Officer said: "Being recognized by our customers and the industry in our 15th anniversary year is particularly significant. The customer focused initiatives and projects we are implementing have enhanced the passenger travel experience, taking seamlessness and efficiency to a new level globally.”
He continued: “Today we are a 20-member alliance, our global footprint covering 1,052 destinations worldwide. We remain more focused than ever on delivering value to our members and customers: the best is still to come from SkyTeam.”
Recent SkyTeam achievements include:
· Completing the rollout of SkyPriority, an alliance-wide standard for priority airport services for Elite Plus, First and Business Class passengers at more than 1,000 destinations.
· Opening a third SkyTeam Exclusive Lounge in Sydney, Australia in January this year, with lounges in Dubai, Beijing and Hong Kong due to open later in 2015
· Implementation of the SkyTransfer initiative to create seamless and efficient transfers for connecting passengers and their bags
· Rollout of dedicated fast-track security and immigration clearance for top-tier customers at an increasing number of airports worldwide
· Introduction of an online tool for frequent flyer programme members to book award flights on any flight operated by other alliance members. Already 50% of our members have migrated to the online process and their FFP members are now able to book any flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline via the web.
For more information: SkyTeam Corporate Communications