- JSC Aeroflot («the Company», Moscow Exchange ticker: AFLT) and JSC Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (SCA) have signed an agreement for an additional 20 of the latest Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft.
- Aeroflot joined TOP-10 international airlines that provide to its passengers Wi-Fi on board. According to the air industry data portal Routehappy.com, Aeroflot holds the 7th place in the ranking, outstripping such famous global peers as Emirates, Qatar, Japan Airlines and Turkish Airlines.
- An Aeroflot Sukhoi Superjet 100 with livery commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the Victory in the Second World War on Saturday completed its first flight on the Moscow-Minsk-Moscow route.
- Aeroflot has finished an unprecedented large-scale campaign devoted to the World War II 70th anniversary. The airline has carried a record number of passengers free-of-charge — more than 20 thousand WWII veterans and their accompanies. Within the row of festive events Aeroflot has also introduced new liveries on many of its planes featuring the Ribbon of St. George and a white dove, the official symbols of Victory Day in Russia.
- Aeroflot has developed and launched a series of simulators fitted with real aircraft elements as part of its ground-staff training programme. The innovative trainers have been designed to help future ground professionals develop practical machine-operating skills in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Aeroflot and Sberbank Leasing have signed an agreement for the leasing of at least 14 airplanes, predominantly Boeing 737 NG.
- Aeroflot CEO Vitaly Saveliev has been named Innovator of the Year at the Innovation Time 2015 awards in the Transport and Engineering category.
- Aeroflot has introduced a new «price guarantee» service for customers booking online to allow them to put a hold on a ticket price for two days.
- Low-cost carrier Pobeda, part of the Aeroflot Group, has carried its 3 millionth passenger. The passenger was registered on a 10:50 Moscow-Sochi flight (DP 117).
- Aeroflot launches new service to six cities in Kazakhstan. The airline adds regularly scheduled flights from its Moscow hub to Astana, Almaty, Aktau, Atyrau, Aktobe and Shymkent.
- The new Rossiya airline was launched as a result of consolidation of Aeroflot Group’s three regional airlines: Rossiya, Donavia and Orenair.
- The number of Transaero passengers transported on Aeroflot Group flights in December 2015 totalled 14.4 thousand passengers, corresponding to 75.1 million revenue passenger kilometres («RPKs»). The total number of Transaero passengers transported on Aeroflot — Russian Airlines flights was 5.5 thousand, or 21.1 million RPKs. From September to December 2015, Aeroflot Group and Aeroflot — Russian Airlines carried 198.7 thousand and 105.4 thousand Transaero passengers, respectively, corresponding to 702.0 million RPKs and 330.9 million RPKs, respectively.