Aeroflot is Russia’s de facto national carrier and largest airline.
Vitaly G. Saveliev is Aeroflot’s Director General and CEO (since April 10, 2009).
Founded on 17th March, 1923, Aeroflot is among the world’s oldest airlines and one of Russia’s most recognized brands. It has been named the world’s strongest airline brand by Brand Finance, the world's leading independent branded business valuation and strategy consultancy.
- In 2017, on the eve of its 95th anniversary, Aeroflot and its subsidiaries carried 50.1 million passengers, thus joining the global Top 20 airline carriers in terms of passenger volume. Aeroflot Group is confidently retaining this elite status in 2018 according to most authoritative sources on airline industry, Air Transport World and Flight Airline Business.
- Under its 2023 business strategy, Aeroflot Group plans to carry between 90 and 100 million passengers annually by that year when Aeroflot marks its centennial. Other top priorities are to dramatically enhance international connecting traffic, to establish the regional base network across Russia and develop regional services that avoid the Moscow central hub, to increase four times the number of Russian-built aircraft in the Group’s fleet, to reach a new level of digitalization, including the application of artificial intelligence technology.
- Aeroflot was the first Russian airline company to join the International Air Transport Association (IATA) in 1989.
- Through its hub at Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, the summer schedule (from March 31 through October 26, 2019), operates flights on 159 routes in 54 countries (58 routes in Russia). Since June 1 Aeroflot plans to start operating two new domestic routes (from Krasnodar to Simferopol and from Volgograd to Sochi) as well as two new international ones (from Moscow to Marseille and Palma de Mallorca).
- Inside Russia, Aeroflot has four branches - in St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Perm, and Vladivostok.
- In 5M 2019, Aeroflot carried 14.5 million passengers (11.3% up year-on-year). 39.9 billion passenger-kilometres were flown (a 9.6% increase), the load factor constituted 76.3%. In 5M 2019, the total of 22.5 million passengers flew with all the companies of Aeroflot Group (+14.6%).
- To meet the needs of its passengers, Aeroflot is increasing its fleet and has built its own new hub in Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport. In 2018, practically all the domestic flights were transferred to the new Terminal B.
- Aeroflot has been certified with the 4-Star Airline Rating by Skytrax, the leading independent authority on airline quality. It has seven times been recognized as Best Airline in Eastern Europe at the Skytrax World Airline Awards. The company has also been named a Five Star Global Airline in APEX's Official Airline Ratings. In 2018, the 4-Star Skytrax and 5-Star APEX ratings were confirmed.
- As part of its commitment to safety, Aeroflot operates the largest Center of Flight Control (CFC) in Eastern Europe. The company also set up an up-to-date Emergency Operations Center based on modern technologies. The airline opened its own aviation school. Aeroflot’s Hub Control Center has been put into operation in Sheremetyevo with the purpose to coordinate transfer connection processes and oversee the flight control at the airport.
- Aeroflot is committed to deploying the most effective technologies, including Big Data, to increase service quality and economic efficiency. According to a rating compiled by Bain & Co., Aeroflot is the fourth most digital airline anywhere in the world. The company offers its passengers the most advanced self-service check-in options and in-flight amenities, including widening Internet access.
Aeroflot has the world's youngest fleet for airlines operating more than 100 aircraft. It includes 250 planes from the Airbus А320, А330, Boeing 737, Boeing 777 and Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ100) families.
Siince June 2011, under the two hard contracts of 2005 and 2017, the total of 50 Sukhoi Superjet 100s have been delivered to Aeroflot. On September 10, 2018, Aeroflot signed a deal with United Aircraft for 100 new Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft to be delivered from 2019 through 2026. Earlier in 2018, Aeroflot reached an agreement with Avia Capital Services LLC (a 100% subsidiary of Rostec State Corporation) to acquire 50 newest MS-21-300 jets to be produced in Russia by Irkut Corporation. As a result, the total number of the Russian-built up-to-date aircraft will be increased to 200 in Aeroflot”s fleet by 2026.
|(as of June 30, 2019):|
|Sukhoi Superjet 100||49|
|Boeing 737-800 NG||47|
In April 2006, Aeroflot became a full member of SkyTeam, the second-largest airline alliance in the world (since 2011 also a member of SkyTeam Cargo). Through its combined vast network, SkyTeam provides service to 1,150 destinations in 175 countries.
Aeroflot operates code-sharing agreements with 29 Russian and foreign airline companies.
Aeroflot Group, Russia’s largest and fast-developing airline holding, includes three subsidiaries: Aurora (the Far Eastern regional airline which made its first flight in November 2013), Pobeda Airlines LLC (a low-cost carrier that commenced scheduled budget services on December 1, 2014), and Rossiya (a mid-cost airline that started operations on March 27, 2016).
Today, Aeroflot is an airline with an excellent safety record, operational reliability and a reputation for industry leading customer service. Aeroflot was the first Russian carrier to be included in IATA’s Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Registry. The company also obtained the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) certification. In 2017, it has successfully been recertified to those two standards. Aeroflot’s integrated management system is certified to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2004 standards.
The Russian Federation owns a 51.17% stake in Aeroflot (through the Federal Agency for State Property Management). More than 45% is free-float owned by institutional and retail investors. Aeroflot shares are traded on Moscow Exchange (ticker: AFLT) and in over the counter markets in the form of Global Depository Receipts representing rights to its ordinary shares.
In 1994, Aeroflot was registered as an open joint-stock company (public joint-stock company since July 1, 2015). PJSC Aeroflot – Russian Airlines shares are traded on the Moscow Exchange (MOEX) under the ticker: AFLT.
According to 1Q 2019 IFRS consolidated financial results, Aeroflot Group’s revenue increased by 23.3% year-on-year to RUB 138,041 million; EBITDA amounted to RUB 21,333 million (+21,3% y/y).
Aeroflot has voluntarily adopted and got certified its Ecological Management System. The company is actively engaged in the greenhouse gas emissions reduction efforts in the framework of its Fuel Efficiency Program which is elaborated and implemented on an annual basis. As part of the Carbon Offset Program, the online Carbon Emissions Calculator has been introduced to allow passengers to estimate the emissions attributed to their air travel.
Aeroflot plays an active role in its community through on-going support of social programs, charitable organizations and community events. Aeroflot is actively involved with a variety of social initiatives, including:
- The Flat Rate Program that ensures affordable air travel between Central Russia and its far-flung regions and cities like the Far East, Kaliningrad and Simferopol, thereby promoting geographical mobility of people. Since 2018, this program has been extended to Rossiya’s flights to the Far Eastern destinations inside Russia.
- An international program which facilitates air travel for war veterans during the annual Victory Day celebrations in May.
- Regular assistance in transportation of gravely ill children to overseas medical institutions for treatment unavailable in their home communities.
- Miles of Charity Program, a joint project of Aeroflot and Podari Zhizn (Gift of Life) Foundation, which allows frequent flyers to donate their bonus miles to seriously ill children.
- Aeroflot supports the Train of Hope, a national charity action for orphans, by providing free air transportation for prospective adoptive parents.
- Throughout its history, Aeroflot has traditionally supported sports. It has the status of General Partner of the Russian Olympic Committee and Official Carrier of the Russian Olympic Team. It is the official carrier for Russia’s national football team and the Russian national basketball teams, an official partner of the Russian national table tennis team. The company sponsors the Russian Football Union, the Volleyball Federation of Russia, the Russian Cycling Federation, the Russian Boxing Federation, the All-Russian Federation of DanceSport and Acrobatic Rock’n’Roll, the Russian Rugby Federation and the Russian Golf Association. It is the official carrier of CSKA Moscow professional football club and CSKA Moscow professional basketball club. The company sponsors the world’s top open chess tournament, the Aeroflot Open.
- Russia’s Ministry for Extraordinary Situations (EMERCOM). Aeroflot works closely with the Russian government to provide aid and evacuation services to people affected by conflict or natural disasters.
- Aeroflot has its Public Council which consists of prominent public figures and performs advisory functions to the company in making its policy best suited to the needs and interests of society.
- As a major international airline, Aeroflot is a leading employer providing over 24,000 jobs in Russia and at its operations abroad. It remains committed to investing in its staff and supports a progressive work environment with competitive salaries and benefit packages under the collective bargaining agreement which in 2017 has been prolonged until December 1, 2020.
PJSC "Aeroflot" is accredited by the Federal Service for Accreditation (Rosakkreditatsiya) to carry out the calibration of measuring instruments and issue calibration certificates using the ILAC MRA mark. In accordance with the requirements stipulated by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Foreign Part-145 approvals — Tools & Equipment UG.CAO.00132-001/ 14.12.2015, the equipment and tools used in aircraft maintenance must have Calibration Certificates only with the ILAC MRA mark.
The calibration laboratory is equipped with high-precision standards provided by the world's leading manufacturers. Calibration is carried out in accordance with international guidelines.
Registration number in the register of accredited entities: RA.RU.312321.
Extract from the register of accredited entities:
Name of the accredited entity: Public Joint Stock Company 'Aeroflot — Russian Airlines'
Abbreviated name of the accredited person: Aeroflot PJSC
Accreditation certificate number: RA.RU.312321
Date of entry of information on the accredited entity into the register: 11.10.2017
Address of the place of activity: 141426 Russia, Moscow region, Khimky city, airport SVO-1
Phone number of the accredited entity: +7 (495) 578-16-15
Email address of the accredited entity: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website on the Internet: http://www.aeroflot.ru/
Accreditation scope (PDF file, 137 kb)
PJSC Aeroflot - Russian Airlines
Adres: 1 Arbat St., Moscow, Russia, 119019