Passengers with disabilities
Making the world accessible
Our airline is committed to ensuring that the requirements of every passenger are satisfied and to making our aircraft as accessible as possible.
We offer a range of services to assist passengers with disabilities. Passengers should request these services when booking their flight.
If a service is not ordered in advance, or the request was made after the deadline set by the airline, we will do our best to help you, but will not be able to guarantee the provision of this service.
Carriage of wheelchairs
The airline may refuse carriage to passengers in cases established by the laws of the Russian Federation if Federal Aviation Regulations or the airline's regulations are infringed:
- if a passenger’s health requires special carriage conditions or threatens the safety of the passenger or other persons, as evidenced by medical documents, or if it creates confusion and unavoidable inconvenience to other persons;
- if carriage of a passenger who needs oxygen-air therapy using an oxygen cylinder during the flight is not agreed upon within the established time limit;
- if carriage of a wheelchair is not requested upon booking and ticketing;
- if carriage of a patient on stretchers is not covered by payment in accordance with the tariffs established by PJSC Aeroflot and/or is not agreed upon within the established time limit;
- in other cases in accordance with applicable air legislation and Aeroflot PJSC regulations.
Specially trained service dogs assisting passengers with disabilities – Service Dogs and Emotional Support dogs for passengers with mental or emotional disorders – are carried free of charge.
Free carriage is valid only on flights arriving at/departing from the USA. Different regulations are applied on our other flights for carriage of domestic animals with a special baggage charge.
Dogs are transported based on a prior agreement. Air carriage is approved only after the request has been confirmed.
Requests for free carriage should be sent to CROUSA@aeroflot.ru no later than 2 business days before the scheduled departure.
If you have any claims or questions regarding the provision of services, please contact our CRO (complaints resolution officials) at:
Consumers can obtain a copy of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), Part 382, regarding nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in air travel from the US Department of Transportation:
- via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities (for calls from within the United States): 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY);
- by calling the Aviation Consumer Protection Division: 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY);
- by mail to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division: C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590;
- from the Aviation Consumer Protection Division's website (https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer).
We would be very grateful if you could complete the questionnaire after flying with Aeroflot.
Your answers will help us improve the quality of flights for passengers with disabilities and add services that meet your needs.
Your feedback is very important to us! Thank you!