Terms and Conditions of the Space+ Service
1. Space+ is a paid service allowing passengers to select more comfortable Economy class seats (reclining seats with more leg room) when checking in at the airport, provided such seats are available.
2. The Space+ service is provided on scheduled flights operated by Aeroflot and by its subsidiaries Rossiya Airlines JSC and Aurora Airlines JSC (on flights with the SU code, except for SU3000 – SU4999 flights). The Space+ service can be purchased in airports within the Russian Federation and abroad.
3. The number and layout of enhanced-comfort seats may vary depending on the aircraft model. You can see the layout of enhanced-comfort seats on the Seat Map page.
4. As most enhanced-comfort seats are situated in emergency exit rows, in accordance with flight security rules, the following categories of passengers are not allowed in these seats, (except for the centre section on wide-body aircraft):
- children (2–12 years) and/or infants (under 2 years), whether accompanied or not;
- unaccompanied minors irrespective of their age;
- pregnant women;
- passengers whose size[*], or mental or physical health may affect their ability to promptly understand and/or comply with instructions issued by the crew in an emergency aircraft evacuation;
- passengers being transported under guard and/or deportees/inadmissible passengers;
- passengers carrying animals in the cabin.
Passengers of the following categories are not allowed in seats directly next to emergency hatches:
- persons under 18 years old;
- passengers who do not speak Russian or English.
The decision on whether to provide the Space+ service shall be taken by the airline employee following a personal request from the passenger, considering the above restrictions.
[*] oversize means a passenger who requires a seatbelt extender.
5. Passengers must notify the attendant at the airport check-in desk if they wish to purchase the Space+ service. The service can be purchased for one flight segment at check-in. When on a transfer route, the service can only be purchased for the first segment; the passenger must go to the check-in desk at the transfer airport to purchase the service for the next segment.
6. The service is not available for:
- online check-in;
- check-in through a self-service check-in kiosk;
- mobile check-in.
7. Payment for the service can be made at the excess baggage payment desk, any Aeroflot sales office or sales office of an authorised agent that books, sells and issues carriage documents and performs the functions of the airline's sales offices within the Russian Federation or abroad (hereinafter referred to as the "booking office"). The Space+ service is offered for a fixed fee; it is issued with an EMD receipt, or, in exceptional cases, with an MCO voucher.
The Space+ service costs:
- For short-haul flights (under 3 hours), RUB 1,000/RUB 1,000 for domestic flights, or EUR 20/EUR 20 for international flights.
- For medium-haul flights (3 to 6 hours), RUB 1,600/RUB 1,600 for domestic flights, or EUR 40/EUR 40 for international flights.
- For long-haul flights (over 6 hours), RUB 3,200/RUB 3,200 for domestic flights, or EUR 75/EUR 75 for international flights.
Exceptions: for flights between Moscow (to/from Sheremetyevo airport) and Yerevan, Belgrade, Hamburg, Zagreb the service costs EUR 40/EUR 40; between Moscow (to/from Sheremetyevo airport) and Irkutsk it costs RUB 1,600/RUB 1,600.
When travelling with an infant under 2 years old without a separate seat, the fee will only be charged for the adult passenger; no fee will be charged for the infant.
Silver tier members of the Aeroflot Bonus programme are entitled to a 50% discount on the Space+ service.
The service can be paid for with cash and/or non-cash. The service shall be paid for in the currency of the country where the payment is being made, at the exchange rate applicable in the booking system on the date of payment.
An extra fee may be charged if the service is ordered from an agent at the airport.
8. The service is available for free to passengers of the following categories:
- Platinum tier members of the Aeroflot Bonus Programme who can book this option in advance by contacting their personal assistant or when checking in at the airport.
- Gold tier members of the Aeroflot Bonus Programme who can book this option when checking in at the airport.
The service is not available for passengers listed in Section 4 herein.
9. Passengers returning from booking offices are entitled to priority service at the check-in desks. The attendant will confirm the service by referring to the check-in system or checking payment documents and issue the passenger with a boarding pass for an enhanced-comfort seat.
10. The service is considered provided when the passenger travels in an enhanced-comfort seat.
11. The cost of the service shall be refunded in full in the following cases:
- involuntary cancellation of passenger carriage in cases specified by Aeroflot's rules and Article 227 of FAR-82;
- unilateral cancellation of the passenger carriage agreement by the carrier in accordance with Article 230 of FAR-82;
- voluntary cancellation of carriage by the passenger;
- cancellation of carriage by the passenger before flight departure;
- failure by the passenger to show up for the flight or late arrival;
- voluntary change of carriage conditions by the passenger (such as change of date, route etc.) after the service has been paid for;
- inability to provide the service due to a change in aircraft type or a change to an aircraft with a different cabin layout;
- cancellation of the flight, where the service is unavailable on the rescheduled flight;
- reseating of the passenger for security reasons, where the new seat is not an enhanced-comfort seat;
- refusal by the airline to provide the service for security reasons in accordance with Section 4 herein;
- reseating of the passenger with purchased service, where the new seat is not an enhanced-comfort seat;
- other cases where the service has been proven to have not been provided.
12. To receive a refund of the Space+ fee, passengers may contact any Aeroflot sales office/branch/representative office within the Russian Federation or abroad, or an office of the authorised agent who issued the service.
13. To receive a refund, passengers shall fill in a refund request form for the Space+ fee.
14. The funds shall be credited back to the passenger in full within one year from the date the EMD/MCO was issued.
15. If it is not possible to credit the funds back to the passenger in the same currency that the payment has been made in, the refund shall be issued using the same payment method specified in the EMD/MCO (cash, bank card etc.) by converting the amount paid to the currency of the country where the refund is being issued. The conversion shall be made at the exchange rate applicable in the booking system on the date of purchase.
16. Aeroflot shall reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the Space+ service at any time without prior notice.
Passengers may also select enhanced-comfort seats that are not situated in emergency exit rows before check-in opens. You can read the terms and conditions of this service on the Preselect Seats page.