Mobile Check-In Terms
Mobile check-in begins 24 hours and ends 45 minutes before your departure. Upon check-in, you will receive a mobile boarding pass as a 2D bar code.
As a result of check-in, the mobile phone displays a boarding pass in the form of a 2D bar code and brief information for the passenger. This display is a boarding pass you have to produce:
- at the DROP OFF desk when checking in your baggage at the airport;
- when boarding the AC;
- to flight attendants when entering the aircraft.
Due to the requirements of the security service at the Russian Federation airports a passenger needs to print out the mobile boarding pass for the purposes of passport control and preflight screening. This boarding pass is also accepted as an accounting document by the accounting department.
Devices for printing out mobile boarding passes on one’s own are installed at the Sheremetyevo Airport in Terminal D before the passport control line (for international flights) or preflight screening (for domestic flights), in Terminal E before check-in and passport control zones, in Terminal F before the check-in zone. Just hold the mobile phone display with a 2D bar code to an optical reading device and a hardcopy boarding pass will be automatically printed out.
The following airports are equipped with similar printing devices: Sheremetyevo, Pulkovo, Adler (Sochi), Rostov-on-Don, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod.
If no devices for printing out mobile boarding passes are available at the airport, you may print them out in a self check-in kiosk by using the boarding pass reprinting function.
When flying from most airports abroad, you will not be required to print out your mobile boarding pass. You can use a paperless boarding pass in the following airports:
Amsterdam (AMS), Athens (ATH), Barcelona (BCN), Belgrade (BEG), Berlin (SXF), Brussels (BRU), Bucharest (OTP), Budapest (BUD), Copenhagen (CPH), Dresden (DRS), Dusseldorf (DUS), Frankfurt (FRA), Geneva (GVA), Hamburg (HAM), Hannover (HAJ), Helsinki (HEL), Heraklion (HER), Larnaca (LCA), London (LHR, LGW), Madrid (MAD), Milan (MXP), Munich (MUC), Nice (NCE), Oslo (OSL), Paris (CDG), Prague (PRG), Riga (RIX), Rome (FCO), Stockholm (ARN), Stuttgart (STR), Thessaloniki (SKG), Valencia (VLC), Venice (VCE), Vienna (VIE), Vilnius (VNO), Warsaw (WAW), Zurich (ZRH).
Changes in the mobile check-in technology for passengers leaving the USA
Due to the requirements of the security service at the USA airports, the mobile check-in technology for passport control and preflight screening has been changed. As a result of mobile check-in, the mobile phone displays the Information Map showing the selected place and flight information for the passenger. In order to receive a boarding pass, the passenger needs to ask for it at the airport check-in desk no later than an hour before the flight or print the boarding pass out via online check-in. The Information Map is not a boarding pass and is not accepted for boarding an aircraft.
You may check in for your flight if:
- You are travelling on flights operated by the following airlines: Aeroflot (SU), Rossiya (FV), Aurora (HZ) ** departing from Moscow (Sheremetyevo), or from other airports equipped with an Aeroflot check-in system;
- You do not intend to carry animals, weapons or luggage in a passenger seat;
- You do not need our unaccompanied minor service;
** with the exception of the following:
- Codeshare flights where Aeroflot is not the operating carrier
- charter flights operated by Rossiya Airlines (ticket numbers beginning with 195);
- flights departing from the following airports: Aktobe (AKX), Atyrau (GUW), Beirut (BEY), Bukhara (BHK), Bourgas (BOJ), Varna (VAR), Verona (VRN), Damascus (DAM), Dushanbe (DYU), Cairo (CAI), Kostanay (KSN), Kyzylorda (KZO), Lisbon (LIS), Male (MLE), Makhachkala (MCX), Naples (NAP), Paris-Orly (ORY), Busan (PUS), Rimini (RMI), Split (SPU), Tehran (THR), Tivat (TIV), Ulyanovsk (ULY), Urgench (UGC), Shymkent (CIT).
Please use our Mobile Check-in Guidelines for check-in purposes.
Registered passengers may check their baggage in at the airport before check-in for the flight is over*:
- at the Sheremetyevo airport at special baggage DROP OFF desks;
- at other airports (if no DROP OFF desks are available) at an ordinary check-in desk
*Check-in for flights is over 40 minutes before the flight. Check-in for Moscow – Saint Petersburg – Moscow, Moscow – Nizhny Novgorod – Moscow flights is over 30 minutes before the flight.
If DROP OFF desks are unavailable at other airports, your baggage will be accepted at an ordinary check-in desk.
Please make sure that your carry-on baggage is within the established rates and contains no items not permitted to be carried aboard AC. More detailed rules of carry-on baggage are available on the webpage Rules for carry-on baggage.
Please plan well your time. Passenger boarding ends 20 minutes before the flight departure, if there is a permitted boarding pass.
Please keep in mind that you need to go through security control at the airport.
In case of preliminary booking of seats in the aircraft cabin by a passenger buying an air ticket: Aeroflot, JSC does its best to ensure the booked seat availability at check-in for the flight, but cannot always guarantee it.
Due to a limited number of devices applicable for printing out a mobile boarding pass and, as expansion of this service geography, this boarding pass can be printed out with the help of self check-in kiosks for Aeroflot flights at the RF airports they are installed in.
Apart from Sheremetyevo, Pulkovo, Adler, Koltsovo, Rostov on Don airports, the mobile check-in service is currently also available in the following RF cities:
2. Nizhny Novgorod
7. Mineralnye Vody
Procedures of the mobile check-in service remain unchanged for the passenger. Upon receiving a boarding pass on the mobile phone, availability of seats checked in in the aircraft cabin is guaranteed to the passenger, unless the aircraft type or configuration is changed.
A boarding pass can be printed out from the kiosk no later than 45 minutes before your flight departure.
At the airport, when registering for the flight in a self check-in kiosk and completing the first three steps, the passenger may start the procedure of Seat Replacement or Boarding Pass Printing; upon printing out the boarding pass, the passenger goes to the baggage screening zone and boards the aircraft.
1. This possibility can be used as an additional service at the following airports: Sheremetyevo, Pulkovo, Adler, Koltsovo.
2. If a kiosk does not temporarily work, a hardcopy boarding pass can be received at the check-in desk.
The mobile check-in process will not take much time:
- Enter the booking number or the bonus card number, the last name and the booking number.
- Enter additional information (if required). Enter the bonus card number.
- Enter passport details if required by the system in the check-in process.
- Choose the seat in the cabin. You can choose any free seat in the aircraft cabin.
- Confirm check-in. Save the electronic boarding pass in your e-mail.
If, upon completing the mobile check-in procedure, you need to exchange or return your air ticket, please call our contact center on +7(495) 223-55-55 (Moscow), 8-800-444-55-55 (Russian cities) or contact the Aeroflot local representative office.