Passengers with Disabilities
Travelling the World Unhampered!
THE AIRLINE MAY REFUSE CARRIAGE TO PASSENGERS IN CASES ESTABLISHED BY THE LAW OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION, NAMELY THE INFRINGEMENT OF FEDERAL AVIATION REGULATIONS OR APPLICABLE LAWS SPECIFIED BY THE AIRLINE:
- if a passenger’s health requires special carriage conditions or threatens the safety of the passenger or other persons, as evidenced by medical documents, or if it creates confusion and unavoidable inconvenience to other persons;
- if carriage of a passenger who needs oxygen-air therapy using an oxygen cylinder during the flight is not agreed upon within the established time limit;
- if carriage of a wheelchair is not requested at booking and ticket issuance;
- if carriage of a patient on stretchers is not covered by payment in accordance with the tariffs established by PJSC “Aeroflot” and/or is not agreed upon within the established time limit;
- in other cases in accordance with current air legislation and PJSC “Aeroflot” regulations.
Specially trained service dogs assisting special needs passengers - Service Dogs and Emotional Support dogs for passengers with mental or emotional disorders - are carried free of charge.
Exemption for free carriage is valid only on flights arriving at/departing from the USA; Regulations for carriage of domestic animals with a special baggage charge are applied on our other flights.
Dogs may be transported pursuant to prior agreement. Air carriage is issued after the request has been confirmed.
Requests for free air carriage must be sent to CROUSA@aeroflot.ru no later than 48 hours before the departure time specified in the schedule.
The airline has the right to verify the authenticity of the submitted document by submitting a request for confirmation to the medical institution or to the specialist that issued the document.
Consumers can obtain a copy of Part 382, the regulations regarding nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in air travel, in an accessible format from the Department of Transportation by any of the following means:
- For calls made from within the United States, by telephone via the Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838 (voice) or 1-800-455-9880 (TTY),
- By telephone to the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY),
- By mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-432, Washington, DC 20590, and
- On the Aviation Consumer Protection Division's Web site (https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer).
We would be very grateful if you could complete the questionnaire after flying with Aeroflot.Your answers will help us improve the quality of flights for passengers with disabilities and add services that most fully meet your needs.
Your feedback is very important to us! Thank you!