Conditions of carriage
Terms and Conditions
1. The terms used in this contract shall have the following meanings:
ticket means this passenger ticket and baggage check or this itinerary/receipt, if applicable, in the case of an e-ticket, of which these terms and notifications are a part;
carriage is equivalent to transportation;
carrier means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his/her baggage hereunder or that render any other services related to this air carriage;
e-ticket means an itinerary/receipt issued by the carrier or on behalf of the carrier, e-coupons and, where applicable, a boarding pass;
Convention indicates one or more documents, depending on which documents are applicable to a particular air carriage, namely:
Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air, signed in Montreal on May 28, 1999 (hereinafter The Montreal Convention).
Convention for the unification of certain rules relating to international carriage by air, signed in Warsaw on October 12, 1929 (The Warsaw Convention).
The Warsaw Convention as amended and supplemented at The Hague on September 28, 1955.
The Warsaw Convention as amended and supplemented by the Convention Supplementary signed in Guadalajara on September 18, 1961.
2. The liability rules prescribed by the Convention shall be applicable to any carriage hereunder except in the event that such carriage is not considered “international carriage” as defined by the applicable convention. In the case of domestic flights, the carrier’s liability shall be regulated by the Aviation Code of the Russian Federation.
3. Without prejudice to the above, any carriage hereunder, as well as any other services rendered by each of the carriers, shall be regulated by: (i) the terms and conditions listed on the ticket; (ii) the applicable fares; (iii) the terms and conditions of carriage as established by the carrier, as well as by the applicable rules that form an integral part hereof (to learn more about these rules, please contact your carrier’s representative office). Fares applicable within the USA and Canada shall apply to carriages between these countries and any destinations abroad.
4. The carrier’s name may be abbreviated on the ticket. The full and abbreviated names of the carrier are both listed in the tariffs, terms and conditions of carriage, rules and timetables of the corresponding carrier. The carrier’s address is the departure airport as indicated in the ticket next to the abbreviated name of the carrier mentioned first. The agreed stopovers are the stopovers mentioned in this ticket or in the carrier’s timetable as stopovers for the passenger’s route. If carriage hereunder is performed by several consecutive carriers, it shall be treated as one single carriage.
5. A carrier that issues tickets for carriage on air routes operated by another carrier shall be deemed as acting as an agent of the latter.
6. Any exclusions or restrictions on the carrier’s liability shall apply to that of the agents, employees and/or representatives of the carrier, as well as to any person/entity whose aircraft is used for carriage by the carrier and agents, employees and/or representatives of such person/entity.
7. Time frames for submitting claims to carriers in the case of international air carriages. In the case of any damage to baggage in the course of international carriage by air, the person entitled/authorized to receive such baggage must notify the carrier accordingly in writing within seven days of receiving the damaged baggage (or within fourteen days of receiving damaged cargo).
If baggage is delayed, a claim must be submitted within twenty-one days after the baggage/cargo is delivered to the person entitled/authorized to receive the same. The above claim shall be grounds for issuing a carrier’s statement. If baggage is lost, a claim may be made against the carrier within eighteen months after the aircraft’s arrival at the destination airport, after the aircraft’s scheduled arrival or after the date the air carriage is terminated.
Timeframes for submitting claims to carriers in the case of domestic air carriages. In case of domestic air carriage, claims may be made against the carrier within six months. Grounds: Art. 126 and Art. 127 of the Aviation Code of the Russian Federation.
The procedure for releasing, storing and tracing checked baggage is regulated by chapters 12 and 13 of the Federal Aviation Regulations - General Rules for Carrying Passengers, Baggage and Cargo by Air and Requirements for Service of Passengers, Consignors and Consignees, enacted by Order No. 82 issued by the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on June 28, 2007.
8. This ticket shall remain valid for one year after its issue date if not otherwise indicated herein or in the tariffs or applicable rules.
9. The air ticket, including e-tickets, shall be deemed evidence of conclusion of the Air Carriage Agreement between the passenger and the carrier. By purchasing a ticket, the passenger gives his/her consent to the terms and conditions hereof. Should the passenger fail to use the seat he/she booked for any segment of the route, the passenger must inform the carrier of the change in the Agreement and of his/her intention to continue carriage for the segments of the route to follow not later than 30 minutes after the departure time of the flight, specified in the ticket. For that purpose, the passenger shall contact the location where the ticket was issued or office/call center of PJSC “Aeroflot” to have the required data entered into his/her personal reservation. In this case, the tariff may be re-estimated in accordance with the actual transport route. Should the passenger failed to do that, all further segments of the route will be cancelled automatically by the booking system as “no show”, without notifying the passenger. Grounds: Federal Aviation Rules, Section 2, clause 27 and Section 5, clause 75.
10.The carrier shall make every effort to carry the passenger and his/her baggage within a reasonable period of time. The time indicated in the timetable and other documents is not guaranteed and does not form a part hereof.
The carrier shall have the right to fully or partly delegate its obligations hereunder to any other person or entity, including without limitation any other carrier. For the sake of flight safety/aviation security, or subject to requests by any competent government authorities, the carrier shall have the right to cancel or delay the flight specified in the ticket, as well as change the aircraft type and/or carriage route, including but not limited to changing or cancelling landing at any destination indicated in the ticket.
The flight schedule is subject to changes; the carrier shall take all measures within its power to inform passengers who have entered into a contract of carriage using every available means.
The carrier shall not be held liable for failing to inform a passenger of changes in flight schedule, change of departure/destination airport, flight cancellation or changes in any other flight details if the passenger did not provide contact details (telephone number, email address, etc.) when booking, or if the carrier was unable to contact the passenger using the contact details provided after trying each of the telephone numbers specified (email addresses, etc.) at least once, including but not limited to cases where the passenger provided incorrect contact details. In such cases the carrier shall not compensate the passenger for any losses incurred as a result of such failure to notify.
The carrier shall not be held liable for ensuring flight connections if separate tickets were purchased for carriage (i.e. a separate ticket was purchased for each flight).
11. The passenger must comply with the requirements of government authorities regulating travel; the passengers must present entry/exit documents, as well as any other required documents; the passenger must also arrive at the airport by the time specified by the carrier or, if such time is not specified, the passenger must arrive early enough to be able to complete the preflight formalities.
The passenger shall only use the emergency exits at the crew's orders in case of emergencies that threaten the life and health of passengers in the cabin. Aeroflot PJSC has the right to sue the passenger for damages to the aircraft and/or flight delays as a result of the passenger's unauthorized opening of the emergency exit and/or ignoring the requirements of the crew.
The parties hereby agree that a moderate/advanced state of intoxication, as well as extreme hypotension/hypertension, shall be considered a state of health that compromises the safety of the passenger and/or of other persons and creates disorder or unavoidable inconvenience for other passengers.
Should an airline employee have reason to suspect that a passenger is in one of the above states, the carrier has the right to require said passenger to undergo examination.
12. During check-in, the passenger is obliged to present all baggage and carry-on baggage, as well as items to be carried at no additional charge that exceed the free baggage and carry-on baggage allowances (free and carry-on baggage allowances, as well as the list of additional items (hereinafter referred to as the List of Items) can be found on the Aeroflot PJSC website).
If a passenger's baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, the passenger shall be obliged to pay a fee for excess baggage. If a passenger's carry-on items exceed the free allowance (are not compliant with the parameters stated in the Aeroflot PJSC regulations), the passenger will have to check them in (as checked baggage) in accordance with the conditions stipulated by the fare rules or Rules for Air Carriage of Passengers and Baggage of Aeroflot PJSC. If the carry-on items checked as a separate piece of baggage exceed the free baggage allowance stipulated by the fare rules for the passenger's ticket, a payment for excess baggage will be due.
The carrier has the right to unilaterally terminate the Air Carriage Agreement in the following cases: if the passenger refuses to pay for the carriage of his/her baggage (including carry-on baggage that must be registered at check-in) in the amount and according to the terms provided for in the Air Carriage Agreement of said passenger; if the passenger refuses to comply with the requirements of federal aviation rules.
The passenger shall be liable to other passengers and third parties in case of damage to their property, health or life as a result of said passenger's actions in relation to the improper transportation of carry-on baggage and additional items in the cabin of the aircraft.
The passenger shall be liable to Aeroflot PJSC in case of damage to its property as a result of said passenger's actions in relation to the improper transportation of carry-on baggage and additional items in the cabin of the aircraft.
13. Aeroflot Russian Airlines Public Joint-Stock Company shall book and sell air tickets once passengers have submitted their personal details.
14. Should a passenger wish to cancel his/her flight, the passenger, or a person authorized by the passenger, must inform Aeroflot PJSC of the unilateral cancellation of the contract of carriage using one of the following means:
- a) if carriage was purchased at any Aeroflot PJSC point of sale, branch or office in Russia or abroad:
the passenger or his/her authorized representative may go to the location where the carriage was purchased, presenting the ID and original documents that certify the power to act on behalf of the passenger, and file a standard application in order to initiate the air ticket return procedure;
if it is not possible to contact the location where the ticket was purchased, the passenger or his/her authorized representative may visit an Aeroflot PJSC point of sale, branch or office in person, presenting the ID and original documents certifying the power to act on behalf of the passenger, in order to file the standard application and then subsequently contact the location where the carriage was paid for to complete the air ticket return procedure before the validity of the ticket expires;
- b) if carriage was purchased on the Aeroflot PJSC website:
the passenger or his/her authorized representative may contact the information and booking center to initiate the air ticket return procedure;
the passenger or his/her authorized person may personally go to any office PJSC Aeroflot point of sale, branch or office, presenting an original ID and documents that certify the powers to act on behalf of the passenger, and initiate the air ticket return procedure;
- c) if carriage was purchased through an agent:
the passenger or his/her authorized person may contact the location where the carriage was purchased to initiate the air ticket return procedure;
if it is not possible to contact the location where the ticket was purchased, the passenger or his/her authorized representative may visit an Aeroflot PJSC point of sale, branch or office in person, presenting the ID and original documents certifying the power to act on behalf of the passenger, in order to file the standard application and subsequently contact the location where the carriage was paid for to complete the air ticket return procedure before the validity of the ticket expires;
- d) the passenger or his/her authorized representative may send a written notice to Aeroflot PJSC by registered mail, enclosing thereto a duly filled in standard application, provided that the passenger’s (his/her authorized person’s) signature affixed thereto is duly notarized, as well as copies of ID documents; in this case the carriage shall be deemed declined as of the date and time at which Aeroflot PJSC receives the complete document package. Once received, the document package is forwarded to the corresponding division of the Sales Department to cancel the booking and to prepare and send the corresponding instructions to the agency, point of sale, branch or office to refund the price of the unused flight segment(s) to the passenger or his/her authorized person at the location where the carriage was paid for.
If carriage was purchased by a legal entity (irrespective of the sales channel), the passenger’s cancellation shall be accompanied by an original Power of Attorney duly signed by the the head or other person authorized to do so, in accordance with the law and the charter documents, and sealed as appropriate (if the legal entity has a seal).
If it is not possible for the passenger (his/her authorized person) to claim the refund for the unused flight segment(s) at the location where the carriage was paid for, the Aeroflot PJSC claim review procedure applies.
15. Neither agents, employees nor representatives of the carrier shall have the right to amend or cancel any of the provisions hereof.
NOTICE: If the carriage destination or stopover is located in a country other than the country of departure, such carriage may fall under the provisions of the Convention, which in most cases limits the liability of the carrier in the event of the passenger’s death or damage caused to the passenger’s health, as well in the case of lost or damaged baggage.