Terms and Conditions of the Preselect Seats service
1. General provisions
1.1 The Preselect Seats additional service (hereinafter referred to as 'the service') involves granting Economy class passengers the right to select their preferred seats in the cabin, provided such seats are available.
1.2 The service is available on scheduled flights operated by Aeroflot PJSC.
Aeroflot PJSC reserves the right to limit the availability of the service depending on technical capability for different aircraft types and routes.
The service is not available on the following flights:
- between Moscow (to/from Sheremetyevo) and Simferopol, Kaliningrad, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Magadan;
- between Moscow (to/from Sheremetyevo) and Tokyo, Paris, London, Rome (flights SU 260, SU 261, SU 262, SU 263, SU 264, SU 265);
- between Moscow (to/from Sheremetyevo) and Atyrau, Burgas, Bukhara, Gothenburg, Dublin, Ljubljana, Cairo, Colombo, Kostanay, Kyzylorda, Malé, Marseille, Palma, Split, Tehran, Tivat, Shymkent.
1.3 The service is not available on jointly operated flights where Aeroflot PJSC is the marketing carrier (flights SU 3000-4999) and flights operated by subsidiary airlines of Aeroflot: Rossiya Airlines JSC and Aurora Airlines JSC (flights SU 5000-6999).
1.4 Passengers are allowed to select seats from the following categories: regular Economy seats or enhanced comfort Economy seats with extra legroom (Space+ category seats).
Aeroflot PJSC blocks certain seats from being preselected in order to ensure flight security or for procedural reasons. Some of the seats unavailable for preselection are:
- seats located by the emergency exits, including Space+* category seats;
- seats in the first row facing the rigid barrier that is used for affixing baby cots;
- seats with limited backrest tilt;
- seats in the last rows.
The numeration for seats unavailable for preselection may differ between aircraft of the same type but with different cabin layouts in Economy class, or aircraft of different types.
* Aeroflot Bonus Platinum members may prebook the service via their personal assistant
1.5 The service can be ordered by passengers who have a confirmed booking or an Economy class air ticket with a confirmed booking that has been paid for.
1.6 The service is not available to:
- passengers who have tickets with an unconfirmed booking;
- passengers requiring stretcher carriage and their accompanying persons;
- passengers who are being deported or escorted;
- passengers travelling under a group booking.
Please note!Please note!
A passenger travelling with a pet/bird in the cabin may only be assigned a window seat.
2. Issue, payment, and procedure for service provision
2.1 The Service may be purchased through the airline's sales offices, sales offices of Aeroflot PJSC branches, the Aeroflot PJSC Contact Centre, on the website www.aeroflot.ru, and via the mobile app.
2.2 The service for preselection of Space+ seats is available on a paid basis, except for Aeroflot Bonus Platinum members, for whom the service is free of charge. Aeroflot Bonus Gold* members are offered the service at a 75% discount, and Silver members at a 50% discount.
*Aeroflot Bonus Gold members are offered the service free of charge during check-in for the flight, subject to availability of enhanced comfort seats.
2.3 The service for selection of regular seats is offered at no extra charge to:
- Aeroflot Bonus loyalty programme members (Platinum, Gold, and Silver);
- SkyTeam alliance loyalty programme members (Elite Plus and Elite);
- passengers who have tickets in the Flex and Classic brands;
- unaccompanied children, when selecting window seats (in accordance with Aeroflot PJSC's rules, unaccompanied children shall be assigned window seats);
- passengers who purchased an additional seat for personal comfort (except for the first row seats in Economy class) in the airline's sales office, office of an Aeroflot PJSC branch, or through the Aeroflot PJSC Contact Centre;
- passengers who purchased an additional passenger seat for their baggage, when selecting window seats (in accordance with Aeroflot PJSC's rules, such baggage is to be carried on window seats), except for first row seats in Economy.
2.4 The service shall be offered at an additional fee in all cases not specified in sections 2.2 and 2.3.
2.5 Payment for the service is charged per flight segment.
2.6 The service shall be confirmed no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure or the beginning of the self check-in period.
2.7 The cost of the service depends on the destination, category of the selected seat (regular or Space+), location of the selected seat in the cabin (front or middle row), and location of the seat within the row (window, aisle, or middle). The service shall be paid for in the currency of the country where the payment is being made, at the exchange rate active in the booking system on the date of payment.
2.8 The service shall be paid for using a bank card, online payment agents (QIWI Wallet, Yandex.Money, WebMoney etc.), Apple Pay, or a Virtual Gift Certificate.
2.9 The service cannot be paid for with Aeroflot Bonus miles.
2.10 Confirmation of the service shall result in the selected seat number being added to the passenger's booking and a service EMD being issued. After paying for the service, the passenger shall be issued an EMD receipt; if the payment has been made through the website or Contact Centre, the receipt shall be sent to the e-mail address specified when booking.
2.11 The service shall be considered rendered upon the fact of carriage of the passenger in the booked seat, after the service has been paid for and the EMD has been issued.
2.12 The passenger shall be checked into the seat that has been reserved for him/her. Aeroflot PJSC reserves the right to change the preselected seat in extraordinary circumstances in order to comply with the flight security rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
2.13 In the event of a change in schedule, aircraft type, or aircraft, where the replacement aircraft has a different Economy class cabin layout, Aeroflot PJSC shall automatically reassign the preselected seat in order to preserve the service ordered by the passenger; the resulting seat number is not guaranteed to match. However, Aeroflot PJSC shall take measures to assign adjacent seats to passengers on a single booking.
3. Changing the service, refunds
3.1 The passenger cannot change the preselected seat after the service has been paid for. To change a preselected seat, a refund is effected, and the service is reordered.
3.2 The cost of the service shall be refunded in full in the following cases:
- voluntary cancellation of carriage by the passenger;
- change of carriage details by the passenger (alteration of route, carriage dates etc.) - the service shall not be reissued in these events;
- premium upgrade paid for with Aeroflot Bonus miles;
- cancellation of the service at the passenger's discretion before the flight's departure;
- purchase of an additional enhanced comfort service - extra leg space seat (Space+), or an additional upgrade service when checking in.
3.3 Compulsory refund of payment for the service shall be carried out in the following events:
- involuntary cancellation of carriage by the passenger in instances covered by the rules of Aeroflot PJSC and Article 227 of the Federal Aviation Regulations “General regulations on air carriage of passengers, baggage and cargoes and requirements to service provided to passengers, consignors and consignees” enacted by Order No. 82 of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation dated 28 June 2007 (hereinafter referred to as FAR);
- cancellation of the passenger carriage agreement at the carrier's discretion in accordance with Article 230 of FAR;
- changes to the service or cancellation of the preselected seat by Aeroflot PJSC in the following events:
aircraft change where the replacement aircraft has a different Economy class cabin layout, or reassignment of the passenger to a different flight after a flight cancellation or missed connection for a flight where the service has been ordered;
reassignment of the passenger to a different Economy class seat in order to comply with the flight security rules or terms of carriage of certain passenger groups on board the aircraft.
3.4 The refund shall be made in accordance with the payment method used to purchase the service initially.
3.5 Refund of payment for the service shall be made at the location where the service was purchased.
3.6 In the event of a compulsory refund of payment for the service due to reasons listed in the section 3.3 herein, the passenger may apply to the nearest Aeroflot PJSC sales office, Aeroflot PJSC branch office, or Aeroflot PJSC's Contact Centre (if the service has been issued via the website). When applying for a compulsory refund of payment for the service in the event where the passenger has been reassigned to a different seat, the boarding pass must be presented.