Moscow, August 10, 2004, – Aeroflot Board of Directors accepted on its meeting held on August 9, 2004, the proposal of National Reserve Corporation Ltd. (NRC Ltd.) which represents the stockholders owning 10% of the Company voting stocks; the Meeting also adopted the decision to hold in Moscow on October 23 Aeroflot extraordinary General Stockholders’ Meeting.
The following issues proposed by NRC Ltd. were included in the agenda of the planned meeting:
- Approval of a large deal related to restructuring of foreign airfleet used by Aeroflot; the amount exceeds 50% of the Company assets book value.
- Approval of a new wording of the Company Articles of Association.
- Approval of the regulations on the Company Board of Directors.
- Termination of the current Board of Directors’ authorities.
- Election of a new Board of Directors.
August 25, 2004, (end of the working day) was determined as the date of compiling the list of persons having the right to participate in the extraordinary Board of Directors General Stockholders’ Meeting.
The latest date for introducing proposals on the candidates to be elected in Aeroflot Board of Directors was arranged at September 23, 2004.
The procedure of notifying the stockholders on the extraordinary General Stockholders’ Meeting and the list of materials provided to stockholders before and during the Meeting were also approved.
The Board of Directors also adopted decisions on other issues related to preparation and holding Aeroflot extraordinary General Stockholders’ Meeting.