On December 2 at the regular meeting of Aeroflot Board of Directors they considered the issue “On Realization of Aeroflot Strategic Development Conception for the Period up to 2010”.
The Board of Directors confirmed Aeroflot Mission and Vision as follows:
“We help our passengers realize their plans and make their dreams come true – work efficiently, enjoy rest, meet their relatives and close people, see new countries and cities. We do our best to make our passengers feel safe and comfortable.”
Vision – global goal of Aeroflot:
“To establish a competitive airline company of the international class based on the best traditions of the Russian civil aviation”.
The decision of the Board of Directors is:
- Aeroflot strategic development conception for the period up to 2010 meets the tendencies of air carriages market development and goals to provide long-term competitiveness of the airline company;
- airline companies’ results in 2004 meet the strategy of efficient growth and strengthening leading positions in the sphere.
According to Strategic Development Conception, experience in its realization and the current market situation Aeroflot Board of Directors approved the following additional targets of the airline company for the period till 2010:
- to provide Aeroflot 30% share in carriages of Russian airline companies according to the indicator of the carried passengers in 2010 (average annual increase 13%);
- to make Aeroflot product quality on the level of the first five airline companies of the Association of the European Airline Companies;
- to modernize and renew aircraft fleet till 2010 up to the quantity required to carry 13 million passengers a year and to treble the quantity of transported freight (first of all to fulfill investment agreement on acquiring 6 Il-96 planes, to acquire a required number of regional planes produced in Russia preferably);
- to provide operation income;
- to increase commercial rights in order to provide growth of carriages by 13% a year;
- to join Aeroflot the International Alliance of Air Carriers Sky Team.
Aeroflot Board of Directors decided unanimously (with its full complement) to assign 270 million rubles to Grozny Airport reconstruction (Severny Airport). It was stipulated that this money is to be spent directly on objects to be reconstructed first.