Passenger code of conduct
Пустой местозаполнитель не отображается в "Активном" режиме
Aeroflot - Russian Airlines aims to satisfy all the expectations and requirements of its customers. Therefore, we strive to continuously improve the quality of the services provided by the airline. The vast majority of our passengers conduct themselves appropriately, which greatly helps us to achieve our goal.
Security at Sheremetyevo International Airport is provided by AeroMASH-Aviation Security. The company was established in 1998 and was one of the first companies in Russia to ensure compliance with the standards, rules and principles of aviation security in the area of air transport, in accordance with ICAO / IATA standards and air transportation legislation of the Russian Federation.
Passengers must familiarize themselves with the location of emergency exits, instructions on using life vests and the emergency oxygen supply system so that the crew and rescue services can act effectively in the event of an emergency.
The location of emergency exits and safety equipment may differ depending on the type of airplane. Therefore, please pay careful attention to the pre-flight safety demonstration and read the safety information card.
We recommend that you keep your seat belt fastened throughout the flight while seated or sleeping. This will help protect you from injury caused by sudden movements during turbulence.
However, occasionally, some passengers do not follow these instructions, which can endanger the flight and reduce the comfort level of passengers. In such cases, Aeroflot shall:
- take appropriate actions in the event of any violation of the Passenger Code of Conduct;
- authorize the airline's flight and ground crew to prevent and stop violations of the Passenger Code of Conduct;
- provide all possible assistance to law enforcement bodies to prosecute individuals who violate the Passenger Code of Conduct.
In accordance with Aeroflot's Passenger Code of Conduct and to ensure flight safety, to improve the quality of services provided and to prevent disorderly conduct and other offences onboard the aircraft and in the airport, passengers are entitled:
- to demand the provision of all services specified in the conditions of carriage, which can be found on the passenger's paper air ticket and on the airline's website, if the ticket was bought online or at a sales office;
- to request assistance and protection from the airline's employees in the event of a threat to their life or personal dignity.
- follow the pilot's instructions and recommendations from other crew members;
- maintain discipline and order;
- shut down electronic devices or switch them to a standalone (airplane) mode at the crewmembers' request during any stage of the flight.
Passengers may not
Deliberately false reports, including jokes, regarding a passenger carrying any weapons / explosive devices / dangerous substances may be considered as false information concerning the preparation of explosions/acts of terrorism and qualified as a crime pursuant to article 207 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. A passenger providing such information may be fined up to 200,000 rubles or be subject to other sanctions as specified in the above article.
In the event of violation of the above listed requirements, international air law, the Convention on Offences and Certain Other Acts Committed On Board Aircraft (Tokyo, 1963), ratified by 166 states including the Russian Federation, as well as the current Passenger Code of Conduct of Aeroflot - Russian airlines
The following sanctions shall apply
- alcoholic drinks shall not be served to passengers under alcoholic or other form of intoxication;
- alcoholic drinks, including those bought in duty free shops (onboard or in the airport), may be confiscated for the duration of the flight (with their return after the flight);
- force may be used against passengers who refuse to comply with the orders of the pilot;
- passengers who break the rules shall be removed from the airplane at the next landing point. In the event of an emergency landing, the passenger shall be held liable for additional costs incurred by the airline as a result of his/her conduct;
- such passengers shall be handed over to law enforcement agencies irrespective of the country that the aircraft lands in;
- such passengers shall be held liable for any material damage caused to the airline as a result of their actions;
- imprisonment (in some countries for up to 2 years);
- a fine of two to five thousand rubles (in some countries - more than $3000), or administrative arrest for up to fifteen days;
- passengers shall be refused the right to use the carrier’s services and the contract for air carriage shall be terminated without compensation;
- visas issued by the Russian Federation and other states shall be canceled;
- the incident shall receive the maximum publicity in the mass-media and on special websites;
- an administrative penalty of two to five thousand rubles or administrative arrest for up to fifteen days for passengers who fail to comply with the instructions of the pilot (Code of Administrative Offences of the Russian Federation, part 6 Articles 11.17, introduced by Federal Law of the Russian Federation, December 21, 2009 No.336-FZ).
Please note that in accordance with safety regulations, there are certain restrictions regarding passengers in seats by emergency exits. In the event of an emergency, passengers seated close to the emergency exits/doors must assist the aircrew. Therefore, these seats are not available for passengers using advance check-in (online) and they are not provided to:
- children under 12 years of age (including when accompanied by an adult);
- pregnant women;
- passengers carrying pets;
- passengers with disabilities;
- passengers who require an extended seat belt;
- passengers who do not speak Russian or English.
Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to sit directly next to the emergency door. When asked by a crew member, please move to another seat if you were incorrectly issued a seat by an emergency exit when checking in.
For more information go to:
Rules of Aeroflot PJSC for Air Carriage of Passengers and Baggage (PDF File 748 Kb)