Information is placed in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Transport USA (DOT USA) and doesn’t contravene Aeroflot’s customer service rules and regulations.
Aeroflot – Russian Airlines (“Aeroflot”) intends to ensure that your air travel experience will encompass, to the best of our abilities, the most comprehensive customer service possible. We have outlined our responsibilities and how we will fulfill them in key points below, known as our Customer Service Plan.
Note: The Aeroflot Customer Service Plan is separate and distinct from the Aeroflot Conditions of Carriage, applies to Aeroflot USA flights, and includes:
1. Offering the lowest fare available
We will offer on www.aeroflot.com the lowest published fare for which you are eligible for the date, flight, and class of service requested. Our telephone reservation system, airport ticket counters, and city ticket offices in the USA will offer the lowest published fare for which you are eligible, and upon request, will identify money-saving alternative itineraries if your travel schedule is flexible.
2. Notifying consumers of known delays, cancellations, and diversions
Where it is impossible to prevent a flight irregularity, such as delays, cancellations, and diversions, involving our scheduled flights to or from the United States, we will provide full and timely information on the status of known delays, cancellations, and diversions in the following forms:
- information about any flight delay/cancellation shall be displayed on our website and provided via our telephone reservation system upon inquiry by any person;
- information about any flight delay/cancellation shall be displayed on all flight status displays and other sources of flight information that are under our control at U.S. airports;
- loudspeaker announcements shall be made in the boarding gate area for the flight at a U.S. airport; and
- if an airport-controlled display system at a U.S. airport accepts flight status updates from carriers, information about any flight delay/cancellation shall be provided to that airport.
- Contacting you about cancellations when the event is known if you provide us with contact information in your reservation
3. Delivering baggage on time
It is our intention to deliver your baggage on time. However, in the event that this does not occur, we will strive to return your misplaced baggage within 24 hours. Notify an Aeroflot employee at the airport if you cannot locate your baggage. If your luggage is lost, please contact Aeroflot staff at the «Lost and Found» desk before you leave the arrival hall. You will need to fill in a «Property Irregularity Report». A search of lost luggage is made for 21 days from the moment the passenger submits a report. In case the lost luggage is not found or is damaged, a decision on the payment of compensation is taken for each occurrence individually.
You can find out more detailed information on e-mail: email@example.com
Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention.
4. Providing prompt ticket refunds
For refunds for eligible international tickets, including refunds for ancillary services that were not used due to an oversale situation or flight cancellation, we will issue a credit statement to your credit card issuer within seven business days of receipt of full documentation for the refund requested for credit card purchases within the United States and will provide a refund within 20 days of receipt of a complete refund request for purchases made by cash or check.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy:
If you make your reservation at least one week prior to departure you may cancel that reservation for a full refund within 24 hours after the reservation is made. You may cancel your reservation by calling Aeroflot at 866-879-7647 (SU call centre toll free number 24/7).
5. Properly accommodating passengers with disabilities and other special needs, including during tarmac delays
We offer a variety of special accommodations to passengers with disabilities, including:
- transportation to, from, and between gates, either by wheelchair or, in several locations, electric cart;
- boarding assistance;
- assistance with visual, auditory, cognitive, or mobility impairments while in the airport and on the plane;
- and consideration of your needs during extended tarmac delays.
Our policies ensure the safety and well being of children traveling alone including:
- Taking good care of your child during his or her flight and not releasing a minor traveling alone to anyone other than the person you have designated.
- Providing unaccompanied passenger service for children ages 5 through 14. We are also happy to provide this service to children ages 15 through 17 traveling alone. (Fees apply for unaccompanied minor service.)
Our policies support the safety and well being of children traveling alone, ensuring your child is comfortable during his or her flight and that he or she follows all onboard crew direction, including instructions on safety procedures and behavior. Further, we will not release a minor traveling alone to anyone other than the person you have designated.
6. Meeting customers' essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays
If safety and security conditions allow, we will provide for your essential needs such as food and potable water, if there is a delay lasting more than two hours after you have boarded or after the plane has landed. We will also provide operable lavatory facilities, and access to medical treatment if necessary. For further information, see Aeroflot's Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays under Legal notices available at www.aeroflot.com
7. Handling "bumped" passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales.
8. Disclosing travel itinerary and other policies that affect your travel
We will provide you via our website and upon request from our telephone reservations staff information about policies and procedures that affect your travel, including:
- frequent flyer rules;
- aircraft seating configuration and lavatory availability;
- and cancellation policies.
9. Notifying passengers of changes in their travel itineraries
We may need to change the scheduled departure time of your flight after your ticket has been sent to you. If you give us or our authorized agents contact information, we or they will try to let you know about any changes in a timely manner.
10. Ensuring responsiveness to customer complaints
We will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints regarding our scheduled service within 30 days of their receipt and will send a substantive response within 60 days of receiving the complaint.
11. Identifying the services Aeroflot provides to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from cancellations and misconnects.
Aeroflot aims to inform its passengers who are affected by delays or cancellations of flights as soon as possible, and to assist its customers locally. Aeroflot offers the following compensatory products and services:
- In case of flight irregularities (delay/cancellation), aircraft replacement, or other unexpected circumstances, passengers not having access to personal cell phones are eligible for a single free of charge phone call.
- In the event of delays of more than four hours, passengers (independent of the flight class and «OK Status» of their ticket«) are eligible for meals and drinks corresponding to the waiting time and the time of day (either breakfast, lunch or dinner) at Aeroflot contracted facilities subject to availability.
- Drinks will be offered for delays of two hours or more.
- Aeroflot provides checked-in passengers (or with «OK Status»), who are inconvenienced overnight while away from home, with hotel accommodation at Aeroflot contracted facilities subject to availability plus catering services and transfer to and from the hotel.
12. Contacting Customer Care
Your feedback offers us additional options for comprehensively analyzing the problem and providing you the most complete and accurate response.
Appraisal of service quality (Open line) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Product Quality Management and Client Services
# 10, Arbat Street, 119002 Moscow, Russia.