We are glad to inform that «Aeroflot - Russian Airlines » joined the global alliance Sky Team on April, 14, 2006.
Sky Team alliance consists of 10 airlines: Aeroflot, AeroMexico, Air France, Alitalia, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines.
Aeroflot entrance into Sky Team alliance will allow the passengers to get the following range of benefits:
- Wide range of routes
SkyTeam offers its passengers nearly 15,000 daily flights to more than 728 destinations worldwide.
- Passengers experience consistent SkyTeam procedures for their convenience.
SkyTeam airlines provide consistent, high level of quality for their passengers everywhere they fly.
- Passengers receive more fare options to more destinations.
Sky Team provides passengers with markedly enhanced service, including more deeply integrated network, better-coordinated flight options and more competitive fares.
- Passengers can make travel arrangements and get information at any of SkyTeam’s more than 2,100 ticket offices worldwide.
- Customers can receive assistance at any of the member airlines’ reservations centers, airport service counters or ticket offices.
- Guaranteed full-fare economy reservation even on sold-out long-haul flights (24-hour notice) for Elite Plus members.
- Passengers experience in-flight service built around their needs.
SkyTeam airlines provide passengers with consistently warm and friendly in-flight service without compromising the cultural diversity that makes each member distinctive:
- Business class passengers and Elite Plus members have access to about 400 Sky Team lounges worldwide.
- More Miles
SkyTeam passengers can accumulate miles for all Sky Team flights to get Elite and Elite Plus status.
From now traveling on board of AeroMexico, Air France, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines you can earn Aeroflot Bonus miles regardless where you purchased your ticket.
Miles for travel on eligible flights are credited according to the flown distance between the airports and the booking classes (See section Partners)
Miles accrual for Alitalia flights will be announced separately.
Redeem your Miles
Since April, 14, 2006 you have an opportunity to use miles for Award tickets on AeroMexico, Air France, Continental Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines flights.
Miles exchange for award tickets on Alitalia will be announced separately.
Multicarrier Award Chart is presented in section « How to spend »
Elite Club benefits
Passengers earn miles towards the elite statuses on every SkyTeam airline (except Alitalia) and have the ability to redeem miles on every member airline.
Aeroflot Bonus Silver Members receive benefits of Sky Team Elite level:
- Access to airport lounges when flying international first and business classes
- Tier Bonus Miles +25 % of the miles flown for all Sky Team flights
- Preferred seating
- Priority reservation wait-list
- Priority check-in counters
- Priority boarding or at leisure
- Priority on airport standby listings
Aeroflot Bonus Gold Members receive benefits of SkyTeam Elite Plus level:
- Receives all benefits for Elite and furthermore receives:
- Same day access to airport lounges (with the opportunity to invite one guest) when flying on or connecting to/from an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier
- Tier Bonus Miles +50 % of the miles flown for all Sky Team flights
- Priority baggage handling using SkyTeam priority bag tags
- Guaranteed full-fare economy reservation even on sold-out long-haul flights (24-hour notice)