Moscow, 18 March 2016. — PJSC Aeroflot (Moscow Exchange ticker: AFLT) announces decisions taken in preparation for the forthcoming Annual General Meeting of shareholders (AGM).
A Board of Directors meeting held with absentee voting decided to hold the AGM on 27 June 2016.
A list of 14 candidates for the Board of Directors of PJSC Aeroflot was approved, of whom 11 will be elected to the Board at the forthcoming AGM.
The list of candidates for the Board of Directors of PJSC Aeroflot proposed by the Government of the Russian Federation is as follows:
- Mikhail Alexeyev, Chairman of the Management Board of UniCredit Bank;
- Kirill Androsov, Managing Director of Altera Investment Fund SICAV-SIF;
- Igor Kamenskoi, Managing Director of Renaissance Capital Financial Consultant (independent director);
- Dmitry Peskov, Director of the Young Professionals programme at the Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects NGO;
- Vitaly Saveliev, CEO of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Vasily Sidorov, CEO of the Agency for Recapitalisation of Infrastructure and Long-Term Assets (independent director);
- Yury Slyusar, President of United Aircraft Corporation;
- Sergei Chemezov, CEO of State Corporation Rostec.
Candidates proposed by Aviacapital Service:
- Mikhail Voevodin, CEO of VSMPO-AVISMA;
- Andrei Korobov, CEO of RT Business Development;
- Roman Pakhomov, CEO of Aviacapital Service.
Candidates proposed by East Capital:
- Alexei Germanovich, adviser to the CEO of Investment Management;
- Vladimir Potapov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of VTB Capital Asset Management.
Candidates proposed by Aeroflot Finance:
- Dmitry Saprykin, CEO of Rossiya Airlines.
The list of five candidates for the Revision Commission of PJSC Aeroflot was approved.
Agenda items proposed by shareholders for the AGM were reviewed.
The AGM will start at 10am on 27 June 2016.
The AGM will take place at the offices of PJSC Aeroflot at 31 Mezhdunarodnoe Shosse, building 1, Northern Administrative District, Moscow.
The cut-off date for inclusion in the shareholder register to participate in the AGM shall be 10 May 2016.
Aeroflot is Russia’s flagship carrier and one of the largest airline groups in Europe. In 2015, Aeroflot carried 26.1 million passengers (39.4 million passengers as Aeroflot Group including subsidiaries), a record for any Russian airline. A proud member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance, Aeroflot and its partners serve 1,057 destinations in 179 countries worldwide. Aeroflot operates one of the youngest fleets in the world, numbering 170 Airbus, Boeing and Sukhoi airliners. Aeroflot is among the global leaders in aviation safety. The company’s European Community Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft (SAFA) Index, which is the main globally recognized safety parameter, is comparable to global peers. The first Russian carrier to enter the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) register, renewing its registration for the sixth time in 2015, Aeroflot has successfully passed the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and is fully ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 compliant. In 2015 Aeroflot was named by SKYTRAX as the Best Airline in Eastern Europe for the fourth time and for the first time was ranked among TOP-10 airlines with Best Airline Cuisine according to Global Traveler. Find more at www.aeroflot.com.