Information concerning the need to follow the rules of passenger conduct during pre-flight services and on board Aeroflot aircraft.
Aeroflot Russian Airlines endeavours to meet the expectations and requirements of its customers. To this end, we constantly aim to improve the standards of service provided for our passengers, including the standards of passenger conduct. The overwhelming majority of our passengers conduct themselves in a polite and appropriate manner.
Unfortunately, on rare occasions, we encounter behaviour that jeopardizes the safety of our flights and inconveniences our passengers. In such cases, Aeroflot pursues the following policy:
- Appropriate sanctions are imposed for violations of the Rules of Passenger Conduct;
- All necessary authority to prevent infringements of the Rules of Passenger Conduct is granted to the flight and ground personnel of the airline;
- Assistance is provided to law enforcement authorities to bring offenders to justice and imposed appropriate sanctions against them.
The Rules of Passenger Conduct are in effect at Aeroflot Russian Airlines to ensure flight safety, improve the quality of service rendered by the airline, and prevent violations of public order and other offences on board aircraft and at different civil aviation ground facilities.
Passengers have the right:
- to demand allservices provided for under conditions of the contract for air transportation specified in the flight ticket; on the website, or at Aeroflot ticket offices;
- in the event that their life, health, honour or personal dignity is under threat, to approach airline employees and demand protection;
Passengers are obliged:
- to carry out unconditionally the requests of the pilot and the recommendations of other crew members;
- to maintain discipline and order.
Passengers are forbidden:
Deliberately false, including having the character of the jokes, message about the presence of weapons in someone’s luggage/explosive devices/dangerous substances in some cases can be considered as misleading information about the preparing bomb explosions/terrorist attacks and qualified as a crime under Article 027 of the Russian Federation Criminal Code. For this crime the passenger can be fined up to 200,000 rubles, or subjected to other sanctions established by this article.
In case of violation of the above requirements, currentinternational law of the air, the regulations of the the Convention on Offences and Other Acts Committed On Board Aircraft (Tokyo, 1963), ratified by 166 countries, including the Russian Federation, and also the Rules of Passenger Conduct currently in effect at Aeroflot Russian Airlines, the following sanctions shall apply:
- alcoholic beverages shall not be served to passengers who are under alcoholic or any other form of intoxication;
- the crew shall confiscate any alcohol products belonging to such passengers (with their subsequent return to the passenger upon termination of the flight), including those which have been purchased in a duty-free shop (in-flight or at the airport);
- compulsory measures shall be taken against passengers who refuse to comply with the orders of the aircraft commander;
- passengers who break the rules shall disembark from the aircraft at the nearest landing point, in case of a forced landing, shall be held liable for anyadditional expenses incurred by the airline as a result of their conduct;
- such passengers shall be handed over to law enforcement bodies, irrespective of the country of landing;
- such passengers shall be liable for all costs related to any material damage that they have caused to the airline’s property;
- imprisonment (in some countries for a term of up to 2 years);
- imposition of a pecuniary penalty (in some countries more than $ 3000);
- passengers shall be deprived of the right to use of the carrier’s services, including cancellation of the current contract for air carriage without compensation of its cost;
- cancellation of visas issued both by the Russian Federation and by other states;
- maximum publicity in the mass media and on specialized Internet sites;
an administrative fine in the sum of 2000 – 5000 rubles or administrative arrest for a period of up to fifteen days for passengers on board who fail to observer the instructions of the pilot (Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation, part 6 of Article 11.17 under Federal Law of the Russian Federation №
336-FZas of December 21, 2009).