The rules of the preflight and postflight passenger security screening
Passenger customs declaration must be printed on the front and back sides A4.
PASSENGER CUSTOMS DECLARATION (PDF, 931 Kb)
In compliance with Supplement № 1 to the Pre-flight and Post-flight Inspection Rules at the airport, approved by Order № 104 of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on 25 July, 2007,it is forbidden for passengers to transport on board the aircraft in registered luggage or in personal belongings, the following dangerous substances and objects:
- Explosive substances;
- Blasting agents and objects containing them;
- Compressed and liquefied gases;
- Highly flammable liquids;
- Flammable hard substances;
- Oxidizers and organic peroxides;
- Toxic substances;
- Radioactive materials;
- Acidic and corrosive substances;
- Toxic and poisonous substances;
- Arms and weapons.
Crew members and passengers are allowed to transport on board the aircraft in compliance with the regulations the following objects and substances.
In registered (checked-in) luggage in the cargo or luggage compartments of the aircraft with restricted access by passengers during the flight:
- crossbows, underwater guns, cavalry swords, sabres, hatchets, yataghans, broadswords, swords, rapiers, bayonets, daggers, knives: hunting knives, flick-knives, knives with latched locks, replicas of any types of arms;
- household knives (scissors) with blade length above 60 mm; alcoholic beverages between 24% and 70% proof in containers with a capacity of no more than 5 l; in a receptacle intended for retail trade - no more than 5 l per passenger;
- liquids and alcoholic beverages no more than 24% proof;
- aerosols, meant for sport or household use, emission valves of spray-cans which are protected by lids from spontaneous emission of their contents with a capacity of no more than 0.5 кg or 500 ml - no more than 2 кg or 2 l per passenger;
in passengers’ personal belongings:
- medical thermometer - one per passenger;
- mercury tonometer in standard casing - one per passenger;
- mercury barometer or manometer, packed in an airtight container and sealed by the sender’s stamp;
- disposable lighters - one per passenger;
- dry ice for cooling perishable products - no more than 2 кg per passenger;
- 3% hydrogen peroxide - no more than 100 ml per passenger;
- liquids, gels and aerosols, referred to as non-dangerous: in containers with a capacity of no more than 100 ml (or equivalent capacity in other measurement units), packed in a sealed transparent plastic bag with a volume of no more than 1 l - one plastic bag per passenger.
liquids in containers with a capacity of more than 100 ml are not permitted to be transported even if the container is only partially filled.
Exceptions for transportation are made for medication, baby food and special dietary requirements.
liquids purchased in Duty Free shops at the airport or on board the aircraft must be packed in a sealed plastic bag that allows the contents of the bag to be identified at any time during the flight, and with authentic confirmation that the purchase was made in the Duty Free section of an airport shop or on board the aircraft on the day (days) of the trip.
The airport administration and air companies of the operator have the right to introduce new measures for additional safety during flights, as a result of which transportation in the cabin of the aircraft of the following objects is prohibited:
- needles for subcutaneous injections (if no medical justification is produced);
- knitting needles;
- scissors with a blade length of more than 60 mm;
- folding (without fixation device) travel knives, penknives with a blade length of more than 60 mm.
Firearms transportation rules on Aeroflot flights
- When booking a ticket and checking-in for JSC Aeroflot” flights, passengers shall declare their intent to transport firearms in their luggage.
- Passengers intending to transport firearms shall arrive for check-in no later than one and a half hours before departure.
- When firearms are transported within the Russian Federation, passengers must have the appropriate permit for the right to keep and bear firearms.
- When firearms are transported to/from the territory of the Russian Federation or through the territory of the Russian Federation, passengers must have a permit for import/export of firearms issued by an authorized division of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Transit passengers travelling within Russian Federation and having firearms must register it at the Sheremetyevo International Airport.
In accordance with the Law “On Firearms”, foreign citizens are:
- allowed to bring sporting and hunting weapons to the Russian Federation, provided that they have an invitation from a legal body that owns hunting license, a hunting contract with said legal body, or an invitation to participate in sport events, as well as an appropriate permit issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- forbidden to bring to the Russian Federation and use in the Russian Federation any kinds, types, or models of weapons to ensure personal security, protect the life and health of other subjects, their property, escorting cargoes, or for other purposes not specified above, unless this is stipulated by certain international treaties of the Russian Federation.
- Firearms must be handed in at the departure airport for temporary keeping for the duration of the flight and are returned to the owners at the destination airport.
- It is forbidden to transport simulators of weapons (guns, revolvers, rifles, carbines, automatic guns, electric shock devices, etc.) in the cabin.
- Weapon simulators can only be checked-in luggage.
- Firearms accepted for transportation must be discharged and be packed in the passenger’s container (cases, holsters, special cases, jackets) that must meet the requirements of safety and firearms preservation. Firearms and ammunitions must be packed separately.
- The weight of ammunitions to be transported shall not exceed 5 kg per passenger.
- It is forbidden to carry ammunitions for gas-powered guns by air transport.
Entry Regulations into Russian Federation
Capital - Moscow /MOW/. The Russian Fed. Is a member state of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Holders of a certificate for returning to Russian Fed. /Certificate du Repatriation/ issued to nationals of Russian Fed.
- Holders of a German identity document /Kinderausweis/ issued to minors up to/incl. 15 years of age, provided containing a photograph of the minor. No photograph is required for children under 10 years of age.
- Holders of a Seaman Book, provided travelling on duty.
- Holders of a Laissez-Passer issued by the United Nations and/or other countries, provided holding entry documents and confirmed tickets for a country outside of the Russian Fed.
- Holders of documents for stateless persons and refugees, issued by the country in which they reside.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid on arrival.
- Expired passports issued to nationals of the Russian Fed. are accepted. However, if arriving with expired passports, passenger will be required to pay a fine upon arrival.
- The same regulations as for passengers apply, and additionally a general declaration is required.
- Same regulations as for passengers apply.
- Nationals of the Russian Fed:
- Holding dual nationality should arrive and depart the Russian Fed. on the same document.
- Are not allowed to depart from the Russian Fed. with an expired passport.
- Russian minors under the age of 18 years old, leaving the Russian Federation and travelling alone, are required to hold a notarized letter, power of attorney, in the Russian language stating that the minor is permitted to leave the Russian Federation. This also applies to minors not residing in the Russian Federation but still holding a Russian passport.
- Nationals of the Russian Fed.
- Nationals of the C.I.S. countries except for nationals of Georgia and Turkmenistan.
- nationals of Mongolia provided coming for business purposes and holding proof thereof or for touristic purposes and holding hotel vouchers or for social visits and holding an invitation from a resident.
- A max. stay of 90 days:
- For holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela
- For holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Israel, provided traveling for tourism or visiting.
- For holders of consular, diplomatic, official or special passports issued to nationals of Panama
- For holders of consular, diplomatic or official passports issued to nationals of Guatemala
- For holders of diplomatic, official or special passports issued to nationals of Ecuador
- For holders of diplomatic, service or special passports issued to nationals of Turkey
- For holders of diplomatic, official or service passports issued to nationals of Argentina, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Guinea, India, Korea /Dem. People’s Rep. of/, Korea /Rep. of/, Mexico, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Philippines, Slovakia, South Africa and Thailand
- For holders of diplomatic or official passports issued to nationals of Brazil, Chile, El Salvador, Honduras, Jamaica, Pakistan, Paraguay and Uruguay
- For holders of diplomatic or service passports issued to nationals of Albania, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep., Ethiopia, Gabon, Hungary, Indonesia, Mali, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Peru, Venezuela, Viet Nam and Zimbabwe
- For holders of diplomatic passports issued to nationals of Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guyana, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- A max. stay of 30 days:
- For nationals of Cuba
- For nationals of Thailand, provided traveling as tourist
- For holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey
- For holders of Macao /SAR China/ passports
- For holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Croatia, provided holding an original hotel voucher together with a copy of confirmation issued by a Russian travel agency, or an invitation letter issued by the immigration authorities.
- For holders of diplomatic passports issued to nationals of China /People’s Rep./
- For holders of diplomatic, service or special passports issued to nationals of Syria.
- A max. stay of 14 days:
- For holders of Hong Kong /SAR China/ passports
- For holders of diplomatic, official or service passports issued to nationals of Brunei Darussalam.
- Holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia /FYROM/, provided travelling:
- for business purposes and holding original invitation letter, for a max. stay of 90 days
- touristic purposes and holding original vouchers and confirmation from Russian tour operator, for a max. stay of 30 days.
- Holders of diplomatic, official, service or special passports issued to nationals of Iran and Romania
- Holders of diplomatic or service passports issued to nationals of Cambodia, Croatia, Macedonia /FYROM/, Serbia and Turkmenistan
- Holders of an Alien’s Passport /non-citizen passport/ issued by Latvia or Estonia, including any named children in the document.
- A max. stay of 15 days for nationals of China /People’s Rep./ traveling as tourist as a part of a tour group organized by an authorized travel agent.
- Holders of a /Temporary/ Residence Permit issued by the Russian Federation to nationals of Germany, Italy or Poland.
- Nationals of Bosnia Herzegovina transiting through the Russian Fed. to a third country, for a max. period of 7 days.
TWOV /transit without visa/:
- Holders of onward tickets for a max. transit time of 24 hours.
- TWOV not applicable if transit is to/from Belarus.
- There are no transit facilities available at Krasnodar /KRR/. Passengers are required to clear immigration and customs.
- If in transit to/from Belarus or if the airport of arrival is different from the airport of departure within the same Russian city or if transferring between Moscow Sheremetyevo /SVO/ terminals B/C and terminals D/E/F, then a Russian /transit/ visa is required.
- A visa is not required for nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cuba, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea /Dem. People’s Rep. of/, Moldova, Russian Fed., Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine or Uzbekistan.
- Merchant seamen arriving by air in order to board a ship, or if arriving by ship in order to board an aircraft must travel on duty and hold a letter of guarantee from the shipping company.
- Visa is not required for crew members of airlines that have an agreement with the government of Russian Fed. exempting crew members, and for crew members whose nationality is mentioned under visa exemptions applicable to normal passport holders.
- Same regulations as for passengers apply.
- A max. of 90 days is granted within a 180 day period, to holders of normal passports issued to nationals of Guatemala, Peru, Turkey and Uruguay.
- Visitors are required to hold documents required for their next destination. Exempt are nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova /Rep. of/, Russian Fed., Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- Exempt are holders of a valid visa.
- Visitors are strongly recommended to hold a health/travel insurance to cover for any medical expenses.
- Extension of stay for a further 14 days is possible for nationals of Brunei holding diplomatic, service or official passports.
- A max. Of 90 days is granted within a 180 day period, to holders of diplomatic passports issued to nationals of Denmark, Norway and Switzerland.
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry. Exempt are nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova /Rep. of/, Russian Fed., Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
- Exempt are holders of a valid visa.
Information for passengers departing from points in GreeceIn order to preserve other passengers` baggage from damage, all passengers departing from points in Greece carrying in their baggage oils with volume more than 1 Liter are obliged to provide extra sturdy packaging (not carton).
Information for passengers flying to/from/through the USA
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires that you provide your full name, date of birth, and gender for the purpose of watch-list screening. You may also provide your Redress Number, if available. Failure to provide your full name, date of birth, and gender may result in denial of transport or denial of authority to enter the boarding area. TSA may share the information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or other under its published system of records. For more information about TSA privacy policies, or to review the system of records and the privacy impact assessment, please visit the TSA Web site at www.tsa.gov.
Use/ Import of satellite phones in India
As per existing Guidelines issued by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India, only Inmarsat Satphones, excluding BGAN system, are permitted for use / import by Foreign Nationals (Governments, Corporate Houses, Members of Mountaineering Expeditions and other such categories) with prior permission from the DoT. Satellite phones brought in luggage/hand luggage without the necessary Government of India licence issued by the DoT shall be detained/confiscated, as per existing procedures, till the time the holder of the satellite phone is able to provide a license issued by the DoT, Government of India.
In case of imported Cargo, a declaration is to be given by the person importing the goods about the details thereof. Therefore, all intending visitors are advised to make a declaration to the Indian Customs to this effect at the first port of entry. Unauthorized operation/ use of any telegraphic service/device, including wireless, constitutes a violation of current Indian law, rules and regulations.