Travelling with children
Good preparation helps to create the flight for you and your kids as enjoyable as possible.
Therefore we collected some points to consider:
- Book in time to take all advantages for children
- Check in advance, if you have all necessary documents (to travel to particular countries your children will need their own passports, for example)
- Catch up on our additional offers for our youngest passengers by the time of booking
- Be at the airport early enough. We always aim to give families preferential treatment.
- Make sure you and your children are wearing casual clothing to be able to sufficiently move during the flight
Hints for your carry-on baggage
Everything you need for your child for the duration of the flight should be inside your carry-on baggage. Find some suggestions below:
- Clothing and diapers for change
- Things yours child needs to sleep
- Baby-soother and flask
- A blanket or warm clothing — it can get pretty cool due to air-conditioning
- Little toys to while away time
- Pharmaceuticals (if necessary)
- Candies or a flask, for it is essential your baby is swallowing quite often during take-off and landing to attain pressure equalization
Note on the fear of flying
Children are learning a lot through imitation of adults and other children. Thus anxieties of adults will be passed on to children unintentionally.
Therefore: the more relaxed you are during flight the more relaxed will your child be and it will learn that flying can be an enjoyable and nice experience.