Strategy and Development
Aeroflot’s long-term objective
Development of a global network company including:
- becoming a leader in uplift volumes;
- availability of an efficient system of transportation junctions including a major competitive hub in the Sheremetyevo airport;
- dominance on the domestic market;
- availability of a developed long-haul flight network;
- gaining leadership in the quality of products.
The Aeroflot Group’s strategy up to 2015 is based on:
- Development of competences required for creating a global network company; the priority is to increase the market share and enhance positions on major target marketplaces.
- The creation of a global carrier requires the company’s consistent move to new strategic goals:
- growth of passenger traffic (to become a leader among European airlines and airline groups);
- creation in the Moscow Aviation Junction of a major hub whose services would be comparable by volume and quality with those offered by hubs of major European carriers;
- strengthening of positions on the domestic marketplace (No. 1);
- development of a strategic long-haul international network;
- improvement of the quality of services on land on onboard to standards of the world’s leading carriers.
Key factors of JSC Aeroflot’s success by 2015:
- streamlining of efforts on О&D (origin and destination) flights;
- boost of passenger loyalty;
- competition for increase in fraction of high-revenue passengers;
- highest security of flights in Russia;
- a full-fledged HUB in the Sheremetyevo airport; efficient connections and high throughput capacity;
- leading positions in Russia’s civil aviation market;
- economically efficient aircraft fleet adequate to the developed network;
- additional consumer value generated by products and the brand.